Bump stocks the next battle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I personally wish they would legalize suppressors first, this would allow prices to drop by sheer volume of sales. I would love to have a few, but not asking for permission first. Not trying to hijack thread, forgive me.
    I agree. I don't want bump stocks to be banned but tbh.. I dont care about them. If I had to choose I'd rather supressors not need a tax stamp.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree. I don't want bump stocks to be banned but tbh.. I dont care about them. If I had to choose I'd rather supressors not need a tax stamp.
    I'm with ya - I just don't see a purpose for bump stocks besides making a firearm unnecessarily dangerous.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The battle was lost as soon as Trump told them to outlaw them. There is no way they will side with 2A freedom. Ba ba Barrett will see to it.
    This is why I'll never vote for President Trump again.
    He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    This doesn't mean I agree with the political persecution being heaped on him.

I'm with ya - I just don't see a purpose for bump stocks besides making a firearm unnecessarily dangerous.
    I don't see the purpose of cigars. The smell annoys me and spoils my good bourbon at get togethers.
    Still, I don't wish to see them banned.
    Cigars have killed more people than bump stocks, I'm certain.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't see the purpose of cigars. The smell annoys me and spoils my good bourbon at get togethers.
    Still, I don't wish to see them banned.
    Cigars have killed more people than bump stocks, I'm certain.
    I agree with you. I am always a fan of less government.

But in this case, it's just not the hill I'd be willing to die on.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    If SCOTUS shoots down the bump stock ban, this could bode well for 86ing some of the other BS band that the ATF has tossed out there recently

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I partially agree with ya… but I’m on the trump train lol!!! I don’t agree with what he did in that situation but with 61 people killed and 500+ injured… I think he had to do somthing, again don’t agree with what he did, but let’s get real.. we still don’t know what agency did the shooting :noes:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    If SCOTUS shoots down the bump stock ban, this could bode well for 86ing some of the other BS band that the ATF has tossed out there recently
    Correct this is more than the bump stock… this is momentum of either pro 2a or anti 2a movement of pistol braces, sbr, suppressors, red flag laws ect ect and atf changing laws with the stroke of a pen and atf in general over stepping there boundaries

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I am definitely for less Governing and more Freedom, but they aren't going to just roll over and give it up. In the comparison of bump stock over suppressors, I believe we would all benefit from doing away from the restrictions on owning a suppressor vs bump stocks (which to me is a fade and not a truly useful accessory unless you like to burn up ammo). I've always wanted a suppressor but will not ask Uncle Sam if I can have one! I'm not saying that the ban on bump stocks shouldn't be lifted, but which of these would be the most beneficial to fight for!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Optics could be deemed machine guns….its really not a stretch. As far as the reference made about Texas not sure what it pertains to. We can’t even arrest illegals crossing the border. Whatever and whenever the alphabet agencies feel they want to do to law abiding citizens they can and will do it. There may be some court proceedings about it but in the end name one thing 2A related that we have been given back that was lost? Laws are being spoken into existence and the 435 overlords are complicit. Every last one of them. Remember they are not one of US. We’re not allowed in their treehouse.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I partially agree with ya… but I’m on the trump train lol!!! I don’t agree with what he did in that situation but with 61 people killed and 500+ injured… I think he had to do somthing, again don’t agree with what he did, but let’s get real.. we still don’t know what agency did the shooting :noes:
    If he 'had to do something', he should have addressed Congress and told them to pass legislation that he would sign. I'd still disown him, but at least it would have been legal.

Now he opened the flood gate and the ATF is ruling on everything from Braces to Solvent Traps to Forced Reset Triggers.
    Next rule coming down the pike will stipulate that if you are selling a firearm, you are engaged in the business, and need an FFL. Or your private sale needs to go through an FFL and pay a transfer fee, along with risking the forfeit of the firearm.
    That way they get their universal firearm registration, which is against the law.

Trump did all that.

I am definitely for less Governing and more Freedom, but they aren't going to just roll over and give it up. In the comparison of bump stock over suppressors, I believe we would all benefit from doing away from the restrictions on owning a suppressor vs bump stocks (which to me is a fade and not a truly useful accessory unless you like to burn up ammo). I've always wanted a suppressor but will not ask Uncle Sam if I can have one! I'm not saying that the ban on bump stocks shouldn't be lifted, but which of these would be the most beneficial to fight for!

No Quarter. No Compromise.
    I'm not trading bump stocks for suppressors.
    The Hearing Protection Act stands as much chance of being signed into law right now as a Rooster laying eggs.
    When the time is right, it'll get passed.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I feel the same about the “decision”. I don’t understand how anyone could say never Trump based solely on that though. Kind of narrow minded. I know that the state of the union was the best I’ve seen in decades when he was in office, even with half the country, all of Hollywood and the MSM all showing their asses.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom