Bushmaster AR -15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Tuan I'll sell you an AR if your interested.

I see you have an Essential Arms AR-15, I kinda want a Bushmaster. A friend of mine in Kenner Swat shots one and talks it up a whole lot. I kinda trust him with this. He did tell me to get a glock and I love it.

But I'll give it a shot. Maybe we can go shoot it once and it may change my mind. :) How much BTW.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Have you been to see Morey's "Toy Store" (10-8 Tactical) yet? He usually has some Bushy's on the wall, and his prices are hard to beat. Tell him Dave sent 'ya.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I see you have an Essential Arms AR-15, I kinda want a Bushmaster. A friend of mine in Kenner Swat shots one and talks it up a whole lot. I kinda trust him with this. He did tell me to get a glock and I love it.

But I'll give it a shot. Maybe we can go shoot it once and it may change my mind. :) How much BTW.

Just so you know, I'd all ways heard that one lower was better than another and then I'd hear how a lower is a lower for the most part.
    So I sat down with a set of calipers and some lowers. DPMS, Stag, Bushmaster, and an ESA. I believe there were others along the way though not all at the same time. I kept a note book.
    Know what I found ? Nothing. Not one bit of difference between them as far as dimensions go. edit, to be clear. I do not consider a couple of thousandths a big deal with these There are fit and finish issues with some or who has the coolest logo. And there are going to be strength issue's for some when you get into cast / forged/ billet. Other than that, nothing.

So far I'm seeing the same is true of LPK's. unless you get into custom trigger sets

YMMV, good luck

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    IIRC, there's been some talk lately of bushmaster's QC going down hill a little since they got a .gov contract ... don't take my word for it, but i'd definitely look into it.

ETA: might want to read this whole thread on another board regarding bushmasters. i was slightly off in my original recollection, but the basic premise is the same.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Academy has basic flat top Bushmasters for $899. Might be able to save $40 or so ordering online after shipping and FFL transfer, but it's much less hassle to just walk in and walk out.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Just so you know, I'd all ways heard that one lower was better than another and then I'd hear how a lower is a lower for the most part.
    So I sat down with a set of calipers and some lowers. DPMS, Stag, Bushmaster, and an ESA. I believe there were others along the way though not all at the same time. I kept a note book.
    Know what I found ? Nothing. Not one bit of difference between them as far as dimensions go. edit, to be clear. I do not consider a couple of thousandths a big deal with these There are fit and finish issues with some or who has the coolest logo. And there are going to be strength issue's for some when you get into cast / forged/ billet. Other than that, nothing.

So far I'm seeing the same is true of LPK's. unless you get into custom trigger sets

YMMV, good luck

Exactly. Buy a lower that has the coolest logo that you prefer and go to town. :rofl:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    M&A is a good source for Parts kits. If you want to pay more for the hype of of owning a Wilson Barrel, Del-Ton has awesome service and are a real asset to the shooting community. I also recommend Spike's Tactical's Lowers. They run about $105 for a Stripped Lower. I don't know what the status on Cav-Arms availiability is right now but I have one of their aluminum lowers and it is Top-Notch buying from them would also be helping out some real Gun People.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom