Bushmaster at Hebert Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Was in Hebert Guns this morning picking up a Remington 700 VTR for my son and noticed they had a Bushmaster AR on the rack. I asked how much and the reply was $1200. After I picked my jaw up off the counter I said you're kidding. The guy said nope. I asked if they'd gone up that much and he said yes. Whether they have or not I don't know but he said it won't last the day. Incredible! He said they got in 4 a couple of days ago but only one Bushmaster which is the one he had still on the rack.

outlawedZ06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I doupt bushmaster raised their prices that much within the last few days. further more, wallmart still sells them for $947 for the M4A3 Item# 550045895 with adjustable stock, 16' blued barrel 1x9" twist, and 30 round mags when they have them. I dont see Wallmart taking a loss on theese, so I asume just another case of price gouging. I am keeping a list of stores online and retail stores gouging, When the market stabalize's, I for one, will never do buisness with them again, and will remind others in the future of their bloodsucking tactics.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don't deal much with Herbert's anyways. I called the other day looking for an item and the guy refused to tell me if he could order a part until I went there in person with a down payment.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Once again.... How is it gouging IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY IT?

It's an AR15. It's not something you HAVE to have. It's not gas or food.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Anyone who compared Walmart pricing to anything has absolutely no idea how Walmart works or sets their pricing. But don't let me ruin the pity party

bhart89

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Anyone who compared Walmart pricing to anything has absolutely no idea how Walmart works or sets their pricing. But don't let me ruin the pity party
    Please explain how Walmart is exempt from the laws of supply and demand?

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    It is a mom and pop shop... They don't get the same "bulk" price that wal Mary does I guarantee. They are just tryin to make a living. Trust me I have seen what CJ drives and his home.... He is not rolling in dough ok... That said no they are not the best shop with the best service around but they are still there when you need something that the "box" stores don't have.

outlawedZ06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I dont realy care how walmart sets their pricing. I will suport the smaller shops to a degree. I dont mind spending a cuple bucks extra here and there for my local gun shop or small chains, but when they blatantly gouge thats when my buisness for them stops.

and for those that dont seam to get it, here is a quick def of price Gouging.

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. This rapid increase in prices occurs after a demand or supply shock:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It is a mom and pop shop... They don't get the same "bulk" price that wal Mary does I guarantee. They are just tryin to make a living. Trust me I have seen what CJ drives and his home.... He is not rolling in dough ok... That said no they are not the best shop with the best service around but they are still there when you need something that the "box" stores don't have.

I see you joined BS about 3 months ago. You May want to review some threads about CJ/Hebert Guns on BS in order to understand where some are coming from.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I SEEM to get it quite well. The market sets the price. If nobody was paying $1200 for AR's, they wouldn't sell and the price would come down.

When you have one of the only ones in town, and someone is willing to pay what you're asking, that's called supply and demand. That's what YOU need to get.

You can get butthurt about it and whine, or STFU and let things cool down before you do any buying. It's a sellers market right now.

ETA:

I'm sitting on an AR that I want to sell so bad I can taste it, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the price to go even HIGHER.

But ya know what? If the price comes back down to what I paid for it, no sweat, I won't complain, I'll just shoot it.

EETA:

To finish your wikipedia quote, you left out a very important part of the definition of price gouging. Let me finish it for you.

"(price gouging) can be distinguished by being short-term and localized, and by a restriction to essentials such as food, clothing, shelter, medicine and equipment needed to preserve life, limb and property."

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I dont realy care how walmart sets their pricing. I will suport the smaller shops to a degree. I dont mind spending a cuple bucks extra here and there for my local gun shop or small chains, but when they blatantly gouge thats when my buisness for them stops.

and for those that dont seam to get it, here is a quick def of price Gouging.

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair. This rapid increase in prices occurs after a demand or supply shock:

$1200 for a bushmaster is not unreasonable or extremely high.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I see you joined BS about 3 months ago. You May want to review some threads about CJ/Hebert Guns on BS in order to understand where some are coming from.

I have browsed here much longer than that. Seen a couple of these threads. Never said they were my first pick.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    1200 is below the market value of them as of now. The supply has dried up for at least 6 months to a year.
    You cannot find them at the old prices any more. Should have bought one when they were cheaper. This is a free market economy.
    The supply goes down--the price goes up be it cars, real estate, guns, jewelry, or the price of a trick.
    Never have the anti's had the populace on their side as of right now to try to enact gun laws that further limit the supply of these rifles and/or place onerous restrictions on them. I don't think they will get any cheaper if they are not banned outright as far as manufacturing new ones or placing the same restrictions on them as machine guns. If that rifle was at Jim's it would probably be 1500 if not more. $400 Kel tec 9mm/.40cal carbines are going for 900. Its not like they put $2000 on it and waiting for a PT Barnum "sucker" to come along and buy it.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

CJ has always treated me well. I know many here would disagree but that has been my experience.

Last edited:

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    Current PRICING IS NOT!! Gouging. Think of this a lot of these Dealers may be out of business soon or they sold out of product and cant get anymore, But still have to pay the bills. So having to pay the nut each month to stay open without any product has got to be tough. So Let them make the money while they can. If people are willing to pay it is not gouging.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom