Bushmaster at Hebert Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The one and only time I ever went to Hebert's I was made to feel like a shoplifter that was being shadowed . I had picked up an item to purchase and told the guy that I was going to browse a bit because I had never been there before . He followed me all over the store watching my every move . The gun business is too competetive for me to put up with that crap .

SpankyS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Sorrento
    The one and only time I ever went to Hebert's I was made to feel like a shoplifter that was being shadowed . I had picked up an item to purchase and told the guy that I was going to browse a bit because I had never been there before . He followed me all over the store watching my every move . The gun business is too competetive for me to put up with that crap .

Cj and his staff has always treated me great. I do know that they follow people so when the customer has a question they are there to assist. I am not saying that was what happened but it is a possibility.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    They always treat me good. Especially the good looking brunette chick that works there. We always talk shop and compare guns.

Worth a stop in there just to visit with her. :peep::heart:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Current PRICING IS NOT!! Gouging. Think of this a lot of these Dealers may be out of business soon or they sold out of product and cant get anymore, But still have to pay the bills. So having to pay the nut each month to stay open without any product has got to be tough. So Let them make the money while they can. If people are willing to pay it is not gouging.

do you say the same line of BS when gas stations raise their prices before/after a hurricane? doubt it.

on another note.....walmart sets prices. if you wanna play ball with walmart you play by their rules or you dont play.

Icebourg

The Right to Bear Arms...
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge LA
    The measure of a company is not how they treat you when things go right but how they treat you when things go wrong.

Words spoken so well!! I remember when there was a certain hurricane that caused some stores near me to charge $50.00 cash for a bag of ice. They are no longer open because of the way they treated people.

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    CJ really doesn't care about you unless you drop 5k per week in his shop. The reason the employees follow you around is to make sure you're not stealing. You are trained to watch and follow despite the opposition of the customer. I haven't been there in awhile, but the only brown haired girl there was not attractive and has brown teeth.

-Former employee

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Didn't realize I would stir up a hornets nest. I was just flabbergasted at the price of the Bushmaster. I bought one a few years ago for half that. Wasn't in the market for one now just happened to see it on the empty rack all by itself and inquired about the price. Not that I would part with mine at any price right now but at least I know I could get my money back should I ever need to sell it.
    As for Hebert's goes his prices are generally high compaired to some I've seen. Jim's is by far the worst but when I've purchased a firearm in the past from Jim's he always had some negotiating room on the sticker price. At Hebert's what you see is what you pay. I offered a cash price on the VTR I bought but they wouldn't budge off the sticker a penny so I paid with a credit card and got the air miles for myself and he got the 3% or what ever it is credit card fee.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    CJ really doesn't care about you unless you drop 5k per week in his shop. The reason the employees follow you around is to make sure you're not stealing. You are trained to watch and follow despite the opposition of the customer. I haven't been there in awhile, but the only brown haired girl there was not attractive and has brown teeth.

-Former employee

You've revealed your motivation for saying these things. Lost total credibility IMO.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    They always treat me good. Especially the good looking brunette chick that works there. We always talk shop and compare guns.

Worth a stop in there just to visit with her. :peep::heart:

Sounds like CJ's step daughter Heather. She likes shooting and has some nice firearms.

With regards to customers being followed like shoplifters one day I was in the store and someone stole a pistol holster. Average looking white trash male. He got away. Maybe they have been hit hard and are trying to curtail the thefts.

Last edited:

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Master of the bush

These are the same kind of people you see on Pawn Stars saying "The guy just said it was worth $2000. I want you to give me $2000."
    No idea of how businesses work.

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    He was paranoid about it. I never was privy to what actually happened. He did have that 360 camera installed in the front as you enter/leave. He also posted pictures of "the ones that got away". I personally didn't like the way he coached you to hound customers and stand over their shoulders. It put me as a salesperson in a bind. Customers don't want to be watched and the boss wants otherwise. Not to mention his wife and the browned toothed sales girl had some of the worst attitudes i've ever encountered anywhere. You think she's rude when you call, try working with/for them.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Walmart does not sell anything at a loss.

Wrong. In truth Walmart sells almost a third of the store at a loss. consumables and advertisements or "monthly tab" are at a minimal loss of 1-5% standard, but some are incredibly high. Great Value bleach is a net loss of 87.5%. Where do they make up the cash? The bucket, gloves, and mop are all marked up 25% each, and are at a higher price point. On the way out you also get a bunch of crap you didn't intend to purchase. Source: former walmart operations manager of 8 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom