Business selling ammo - What is required?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Hey guys,

A friend of mine has a business in Lousiana that does vehicle inspections, title work, and sells hunting / fishing licenses. They asked me if I had any idea what is legally required for them to stock and sell factory ammo (not reloads, as I thought I had read somewhere that reloads were a different ball game). Anyway, I did a couple quick searches and didn't come up with much. Can anyone give me an idea of what hoops they would need to jump through to throw some factory ammo on the shelf for sale?

Thanks in advance!

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Technically you don't need an FFL if you are not selling remanufactured ammo but you will need a resale certificate with tax stamp and business license. However most large distributors require an FFL to do business with in any bulk. If he can't buy in bulk folks are better off buying at established chains at better prices. I've had an FFL for almost 10 years. Hope this helps.

dmh

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    In remanufactured ammo I mean as such loaded by yourself or persons in your business. That require an 06 with an 01 first.

Last edited:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Technically you don't need an FFL if you are not selling remanufactured ammo but you will need a resale certificate with tax stamp and business license. However most large distributors require an FFL to do business with in any bulk. If he can't buy in bulk folks are better off buying at established chains at better prices. I've had an FFL for almost 10 years. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this info! I'm shooting you a PM.

Top Bottom