Buying a wwII remington rand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wlwindham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    1_pistols_remington_rand_45_auto_73780 - Copy.jpg2_pistols_remington_rand_45_auto_73780.jpg
    Got a question for you guys and any expert that feels like throwing in thier 2 cents worth is more than welcome , many many years ago i wasa 45 freak but i got married and had kidds and got rid of all my guns as it was hard for me to buy things for my guns and my kids lol well kids are grown and i am buying my first gun in 20 years its a military issue remington rand , am picking it up later today not sure but thinking that numbers on frame and slide mach , heres t eproblem tho ,has ugly ivory grips , someone has changed the rear sights , they look like cheap novak's and mainspring housing doesnt have a lanyard loop on it , i looked on gunbroker for RR's there that were military issue from wwII tey all had loop and most had mag with R stamp , now the gun i am getting also has one more problem , it looks like about 15 or 20 years ago someone tried to blue it , my question is , does this gun still have value? i can replace sights and grips super easy , but the blueing worries me , do i go ahead and do a full restore and do a nice duracoat job on it or try and sell for C&R value and buy a new 45 to customize for my own use? am adding pic if i can figure out how

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Look up cool gun site. They are experts. And I just started researching getting a Wwii colt a few days ago so I'm no expert but any changes usually really hurts the value. Where did you get it btw? Locally? Thanks.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Depending on who replaced the front sight and how they did it, it may be past the point of no return for collector value. Buy it and shoot the snot out of it. If you feel that you'd like to change a few things, go for it.

wlwindham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    well i picked up my gun tonight and love it and want to cry also , as a 1911a1 shes shiny and pretty , slide fits tight to frame and i love how she feels in my hand but as a C&R gun i am crying my eyes out. Whoever owned her when she was blued should be killed along with whoever blued her , they commited a sin in my eyes ,ITS A REMINGTON RAND WARTIME GUN WITH A "4DIGIT" SERIAL NUMBER , yes i said "4DIGIT" oh well i got me a pretty 1911A1 and all it cost me was a relepica 1851 confederate navy BP revolver, a hi point 995TS / box and half of 9mm plus $200.00 so i still feel like i got agood deal eveb if she is ruined as a C&R gun

wlwindham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    and no i wouldnt

and befor i get fussed at let me say , no i wouldnt kill anyone in real life for messing up that gun , it was said as a figure of speech ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom