Buying and Selling guys question.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have bought and sold alot on this forum and I have NEVER used a bill of sale. Hell half the time you might not even know thier real name. It's not legally required and I prefer no paper trail. It's a pretty easy concept, if you feel someone you are buying or selling with is kinda of sketchy then don't do it. The only paperwork I require is when I buy and cell C&R firearms because I have a C&R and have to follow those requirements.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I too have bought and sold numerous times with FTF transactions, many of them with members here. I will do a bill of sale if the other party wants, but I don't mind either way. If the other party seemed sketchy enough that I thought I needed some paperwork to back me up after the transaction, I would not go thru with it. And I have been burned by finding out a gun I bought was stolen before- not anyone here.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    concerning FFL transactions: At work, I run firearm sales all day. when i call into the NICS hotline they only ask for this info( not necessarily in this order!) : FFL number, code word of ffl, how many firearms are being transferred, last name, first name, middle ,anything after the last name, SS number (if any provided, optional.), place of birth(state), height, weight, race, state of residence, is United States marked in the box? after this they will tell you the NTN is... you may proceed, denied, delayed, etc... theyre like talking to robots! lol if you ask them to repeat stuff they get mad. they must ask these same questions for 8 hrs per shift. bleh.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    And you do what you do and I am going to do what I think is a good idea, like many others. I have done sales with LEO who also have my way of thinking.

Tangent:

NEVER ask a LEO 'What the law is' Collectively (With rare exceptions) they are some of the most IGNORANT of the law individuals walking around...

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well there we have it, people who don't think like Nomad are ignorant. I didn't say they said it was the law I said it was a good idea.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Well there we have it, people who don't think like Nomad are ignorant. I didn't say they said it was the law I said it was a good idea.

1. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
    2. Learn to look up the meanings of words before you run off at the mouth.

tan·gent
       [tan-juhnt]
    Idiom
    off on / at a tangent, digressing suddenly from one course of action or thought and turning to another: The speaker flew off on a tangent.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Tangent:

NEVER ask a LEO 'What the law is' Collectively (With rare exceptions) they are some of the most IGNORANT of the law individuals walking around...
    Not trying to but words in your mouth, its your words. Not sure why you gave me the def of tangent?? But like I said people who disagree with you are "ignorant" and "run their mouths off":dunno:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    .... you sort of did :confused:

This.

Not trying to but words in your mouth, its your words. Not sure why you gave me the def of tangent?? But like I said people who disagree with you are "ignorant" and "run their mouths off":dunno:

Now, Are YOU saying that... or you attempting to put words in my mouth again? :mamoru:

And I gave you the definition because It WAS a tangent, that your words brought to mind.
    I don't see why you are having trouble comprehending this...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom