Cannon versus Winchester

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mustangpaul

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Hammond, LA
    Hi all---

I'm looking for a safe for a small but rapidly expanding long gun collection. I was looking at TSC and was looking at a cannon and a Winchester. Both are in the 18 gun capacity. The warranty on the Cannon caught my eye--and the fact that it had lots of shelves for ammo and such. The Winchester lookied ok, too, but I'm not really a fan of cowboys all over the inside.

That being said, which do you think is the best safe in the $500-600 range? Burgled and fire protection is good.

Lets hear your thoughts!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have a cannon with a SG electric lock and have no complaints other than it filling up too quick.
    Things to consider - cut the advertised capacity in half- is it set up for electricity for lighting- pre drilled floor because a safe needs to be bolted down- the location in your home.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I have a cannon with a SG electric lock and have no complaints other than it filling up too quick.
    Things to consider - cut the advertised capacity in half- is it set up for electricity for lighting- pre drilled floor because a safe needs to be bolted down- the location in your home.

That's the truth, a 24 gun safe will only hold 24 guns if they are single shot and have no scopes rings or mounts and if you want to get one out that's in the back you have to remove 12 other ones first.
    Take how many rifles you have and triple the capacity!!!

Top Bottom