Can't decide what to do, traffic stop that pissed me off.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I would like to mention that I raised my BAC way above .08 Saturday night, and I got shot by my wife, but I didn't drive.

9uzayag3hglk76grvcr.jpg

Photo Credit:Topgunz

Now thats what I'm talkin about!

I cant believe I missed this threat earlier!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You are a "campus leader" so you serve as an ambassador of firearm rights to those who know nothing. All they know is some college kid who keeps having run ins with the cops but it is never his fault, and had an ND in his apartment is the example..

Bingo +10000!

Has anybody ever stopped anybody for DWI that has admitted to drinking more than 2 or 3 beers? Just once I would like somebody to admit to drinking what they really had.

It would also look really good in the paper for the "Campus Leader" on firearms to be busted for DWI. Do you have a CHP?

That **** sounds good when you are young but the older a person gets the dumber that stuff sounds. :rolleyes:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Bingo +10000!

Has anybody ever stopped anybody for DWI that has admitted to drinking more than 2 or 3 beers? Just once I would like somebody to admit to drinking what they really had.

Yes, actually.

And then he laid down in the back of my unit and went to sleep.
    Had a hell of a time waking him up when we got to the sally port!

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Yes, actually.

And then he laid down in the back of my unit and went to sleep.
    Had a hell of a time waking him up when we got to the sally port!

at least 20. i had a guy make the block and jump the tracks ON PURPOSE in front of 2 marked units! at brightside/nicholson. he was DRUNK. said he had been drinking 2 days and needed help.

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    at least 20. i had a guy make the block and jump the tracks ON PURPOSE in front of 2 marked units! at brightside/nicholson. he was DRUNK. said he had been drinking 2 days and needed help.

that's a fun spot to jump. i used to hit it in my K5 every time i worked at the brightside fire station. i still hit it on the motard sometimes...

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Bingo +10000!

It would also look really good in the paper for the "Campus Leader" on firearms to be busted for DWI. Do you have a CHP?

That **** sounds good when you are young but the older a person gets the dumber that stuff sounds. :rolleyes:

Afaik he doesn't.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    that's a fun spot to jump. i used to hit it in my K5 every time i worked at the brightside fire station. i still hit it on the motard sometimes...

With my luck, if I did that, someone from EBRSO would be posting the dash cam video of the jump, then me going to jail, lol.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    douche bag tendancies huh?

Like...drive while sober? My god who'da thunk it?

Like not being the one shooting a couch? My god imagine that.

Wake up and pull your head out of your ass.

Drive while sober? Good God man, you're definitely killing off too many brain cells now. Look at it from this perspective- That officer let you go. I don't doubt he had to consider what would happen if he let you drive...Trust me, you don't want to have to be the one carrying the news to parents letting them know their child is dead, being either YOU- OR THE PERSON YOU HIT! If you EVER had to bring parents the news that their child was dead from a drunk driver, I think you would never touch alcohol again without having to think of that. And if you want to be a smartass about it and say you could, then you deserve to be locked away with Bubba for a long time, cause obviously you share the same worldviews.

I'm much more happy if your ass got hauled to the station and locked in a cell than if you drove and killed someone.

Funny thing is, the drunk guys insist (AND BELIEVE) that they aren't drunk. It's like insanity, except the insane person thinks he's sane and the world has gone crazy. Your insisting upon your 'innocence" in this matter makes me very sure you were quite drunk enough to be bum rushed off the road as soon as possible.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    from a citizen view point,,that was a cool officer he took you off the street where you were no longer a danger to yourself or others,but he did it in a manner to not affect future employment,high risk insurence,fines,comunity service embarassment..

ive been told my LEO friends its easier to get off for murder then a DWI right now,,and he let you go and all it cost you was a little time...i guess maturity and being humble isnt a requirment to be a leader at certain schools anymore.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A man who worked for my dad was pulled over for speeding. The trooper smelled alcohol on him and gave him the standard sobriety tests on the side of the road. The man passed all of the tests so all the trooper was going to do was give him a speeding ticket and have someone come drive him home. He argued with the trooper and insisted on going down to the station and taking a breathalyzer so he could drive himself home. The trooper obliged him and he failed the test. End result: A DUI, speeding ticket, and because HE insisted on the test HE had to pay for it. Jimmy Dean never look a gift horse in the mouth...

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    I'm not going to wade through 14 pages of this thread prior to responding to the guy who started it. Allow me to be blunt.

Quit drinking and driving. A drunk driver died in 1989 when she impacted the front end of my Mack truck. I carried her locked onto my front end down the road 300 feet, across a bar ditch and into a 13-inch DBH pine tree. The only piece of metal not crushed beyond recognition was the tailgate of her new compact pickup. The responders had to scrape parts of her face off the fractured windshield. She was the 21-year-old morning shift manager of a McDonalds in Beaumont, TX where I often stopped for breakfast. Her blood alcohol level was .09 of one percent. Not legally intoxicated at the time. The Grim Reaper has stayed bloodthirsty for more alcohol crash related victims ever since. When you drink, stay off the G.D. road.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You lose the right to say you're okay to drive the exact moment you wrap your lips around a bottle.

Once that first swallow of alcohol hits my stomach, I'm either sleeping where I'm drinking, or I have a designated driver living on Dr. Pepper for the night.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Bingo +10000!

My husband actually did, oh.... 17 years ago. I believe his exact words upon being asked how much after admitting to drinking were "There were four of us, and seven pitchers. You do the math."

It was Halloween after coming home from Saudi and a little bit of conversation led to the discovery he deployed with the LEO's family member. He's still singing the cop's praises for cutting him loose.

And it's his zero tolerance rule that says one swallow and you're out when I'm drinking. :D

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    You lose the right to say you're okay to drive the exact moment you wrap your lips around a bottle.

Once that first swallow of alcohol hits my stomach, I'm either sleeping where I'm drinking, or I have a designated driver living on Dr. Pepper for the night.

I agree. My husband doesn't drink so I'm good.

Drinking and driving is one of the stupidest things a human can do!!!!!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I agree. My husband doesn't drink so I'm good.

Drinking and driving is one of the stupidest things a human can do!!!!!

Unless it's off road and dark and muddy and you're low on cigarettes and your tires are semi-bald and you're not sure how deep that mud hole is but have always wanted to find out...

On second thought you're right. ;)

Top Bottom