Can't get the stock off my SKS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I need to get the stock off my SKS so I can put a finish on it. It had been stripped before I got the gun. I took the trigger group and magazine off but was unable to seperate the stock from hardware. I was afraid to put too much pressure anywhere or try to pry it apart.

Is there a trick to it? Mine is a Norinco SKS with spike bayonet. No modifications anywhere. Thanks

Also, what would be a good product to put on the stock for finishing?

coldbore

we have a piper down
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    I need to get the stock off my SKS so I can put a finish on it. It had been stripped before I got the gun. I took the trigger group and magazine off but was unable to seperate the stock from hardware. I was afraid to put too much pressure anywhere or try to pry it apart.

Is there a trick to it? Mine is a Norinco SKS with spike bayonet. No modifications anywhere. Thanks

Also, what would be a good product to put on the stock for finishing?

Hey, not sure how your going at it, but it can be removed
    from the stock by pulling or prying outward on the rear of the receiver. CROSSBOLTS DO NOT COME OUT..You have to remove the trigger assembly, magazine, and gas assembly from the rifle. you don't have to remove the bolt, bolt carrier, or receiver cover..removing the handguard on an SKS from the gas assembly is very difficult and takes two adults to accomplish. fair warning, the handguard is going to be a pain, Once you get it out, you remove the retaining cap and the wooden handguard....Get ready to cuss

Top Bottom