Cao beats Rep. William Jefferson in 2nd Congressional District

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Anh 'Joseph' Cao beats Rep. William Jefferson in 2nd Congressional District
    by Michelle Krupa and Frank Donze, The Times-Picayune
    Saturday December 06, 2008, 11:40 PM

Indicted U.S. Rep. William Jefferson suffered what may be the final blow of his storied political career in the most improbable way Saturday, when an untested Republican opponent took advantage of Louisiana's new federal voting rules -- and an election delay caused by Hurricane Gustav -- to unseat the nine-term Democrat.

With the upset victory, Anh "Joseph" Cao, a eastern New Orleans attorney who fled war-ravaged Saigon as a child, becomes the first Vietnamese-American in Congress. He will represent a district that was specifically drawn to give African-Americans an electoral advantage and one in which two of every three voters are registered Democrats.
    large_Cao06.jpg
    http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/jefferson_cao_in_dead_heat.html

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    When I saw this last night I,
    picture.php

His core canadian voting block openly admitted they didn't even know he was running since he already "done beat dat honky bitch las monf, dawg".:rofl::rofl::rofl: They had no clue what a party primary was or did! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Verrrrrry slowwwwwwly we are climbing out of the pit of a 100 years of corruption that made us the laughing stock of the US!:hs:

patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Denham Springs
    You know there are some black clergy members in that distict right now, saying, "say what!!!!!!!!!" HaHa, this is outstanding. Now if they could just get rid of that idiot Nagin and Reilly, New Orleans may have a chance....

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    You know there are some black clergy members in that distict right now, saying, "say what!!!!!!!!!" HaHa, this is outstanding. Now if they could just get rid of that idiot Nagin and Reilly and most of the inhabitants, New Orleans may have a chance....

fixed

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm so glad Cao won. Although he has no political experience he is bettern than Jefferson. He is an intelligent man who, hopefully, can do good for NOLA.

KillaBloodz

45ACP
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    lol vietnamese mafia? lol i dont think so dude is so up tight and cocky. I see him at church every sunday. They had news crew all day down in the east today filming his every move to me it's sad really =/

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    He is the first Vietnamese-American representative in this country's history, so they are making a big deal out of it. Anyone has got to be better than Dollar Bill Jefferson.

Top Bottom