Cao beats Rep. William Jefferson in 2nd Congressional District

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's about time Jefferson got out of office. After all the scandals and we STILL re-elect him those other years, it's about darn time. Even though Cao really has no background in politics, I hope he does make changes for the better of LA. Harry Lee did a pretty good job as sheriff, maybe I'll live to see a Asian Mayor one day....

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I met Mr. Cao a few months back. He seemed like an OK guy, and I'm glad he won; but in two years, he's likely to get beaten by someone who fits the district profile a bit more (this district was drawn to make it likely that an African-American would win and it's 64% black) - my guess is Cedric Richmond (perennial AWB sponsor), Nagin (unless he decides to live in Texas), or even Jefferson (if he beats the rap or if the new administration in Washington decides to drop the case). As I said on ARFCOM, too many folks in this district are dien kai dau.

Cao taught my oldest son philosophy at Loyola. Most of his views are a lot closer to traditional Democrat than Republican, but he's very sincere about wanting to make a difference during his time in this district.

BTW, since the office space in DC has already been assigned (and is usually based on seniority), Cao will get Jefferson's assigned, rather large office in the Rayburn building - a primo spot for a newbie!

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    - my guess is Cedric Richmond (perennial AWB sponsor),

Cedric on AWB-
    HB68 - by Richmond. ASSAULT WEAPON BAN. Defines assault weapons as pistols accepting a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol grip, a semi-auto rifle or pistol with a magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds, any shotgun capable of accepting a detachable magazine, any semi-auto rifle or pistol (or pump rifle) capable of accepting a detachable magazine and that has a muzzle break or barrel shroud or barrel grip or that (if a rifle) has a pistol grip, or modified stock with thumbhole grip and that (if a pistol) has a shoulder stock. Bans, after Jan. 1, 2009, possession, sale and manufacture, including conversion kits and large capacity magazines. Requires registration and licensing for assault weapons possessed prior to Jan. 1, 2009. Provides for possession, use and storage requirements for licensed assault weapons, licensing fees, use of such fees and penalties for violation.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yeah, that's him. If there had not been so many candidates in the Democratic Primary, he likely would have beaten Jefferson. Fortunately, the large number of black candidates divided the vote and sent Jefferson into the runoff against Moreno.

Interestingly, during the primary season, the media referred to Moreno as a "Latino woman." when she got into the runoff, she suddenly became "white."

Top Bottom