Car Emergency Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Lol all at this crap you guys haul around. A backup GO-phone with 60 minutes loaded and a car charger for it, a few extra bottles of water, and some games/TV show episodes on my iphone while I wait for AAA.

clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    NOLA
    I don't guess you've ever had an emergency or break down off the main road, in the wrong part of town, or during a hurri-vac? No AAA to come save you.

schnugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I keep a lot of this gear in a duffle bag, strapped into my trunk. Had to change a tire in the snow once, ALWAYS keep gloves in my car now. I also keep a Disco / reflective belt, Krazy glue, some rubber gloves...

One other valuable item to mention which stays in my console, a combination light, seat belt cutter, and window breaker that stays within reach. Very cheap on eBay

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I keep a lot of this gear in a duffle bag, strapped into my trunk. Had to change a tire in the snow once, ALWAYS keep gloves in my car now. I also keep a Disco / reflective belt, Krazy glue, some rubber gloves...

One other valuable item to mention which stays in my console, a combination light, seat belt cutter, and window breaker that stays within reach. Very cheap on eBay
    Yeah...with all of that killer snow we get here in Southern Louisiana, one can never be prepared!! In all seriousness, I agree though, I keep some thermal insulated work gloves (Mechanix made) and pretty much everything else listed above in the back at all times!! My first aid kit is a little...ok...a lot more complex than most's though. One thing that I didn't see mentioned above is a disposable lighter or two. You never know when you need instant fire. If you smoke (which I don't) I guess you already have that part covered though!! Another thing that I keep in the same small bag are four rain ponchos, a few mylar blankets (which work great to put on the ground if you need to kneel in mud or something and don't want to get muddy, an umbrella, and a few knives!

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

That's a great one that many might over look.

They have a strech of airline highway that passes from the spillway in Norco to 310 on ramp near Kenner that is a big canal many people have wrecked in it and few have survived. They finally built a barricade for the strech of road but I am certain there are places that don't have the same safety rail.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Car is under warranty, free towing to dealer.

But I carry jumper cables, a few basic tools, a lot of detailing supplies for the car itself :D , some towels,Streamlight Stinger DS LED flashlight w/ charger, Surefire G2X LED, Leatherman multi tool, 9MM, 10/22 Take Down, Benchmade folder...

Going to add a change of clothing, an MRE, and some other minor odds and ends...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom