Car Shield

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Anybody here have any experience with these people?
    My grandson has a 10 year old Nissan Sentra he's wanting to go with them on.
    I'm not familiar with them and we need some advice.
    Thanks.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Run. Run like the wind AWAY.

One of the biggest scams out there. If you get bored google any of these company names and read the horror stories. I manage a small independent mechanic shop, we stopped working on anything with these aftermarket policies about 4 years ago. You can also try calling a few local shops in your area and ask if they accept Car Shield as payment. I'd bet you anything you hear a majority of shops won't fool with them.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What he said.. I have never heard any good outcome from any of the “aftermarket” car warranty’s…. You would be surprised what he much money he save just learning how to change his own breaks, rotors, radiator, belts, water pump ect… and that’s all easy work.. with a 10year old car that’s been taken care of should need that much work..

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    As a tech that works on cars that may have this "extended warranty" most are horrible to deal with, don't cover anything but "Internally lubricated parts" which isn't much but internal engine or trans stuff. Call a Nissan dealer and ask what company do they use or like. Stay away from Car shield IMHO.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    IF the failure is covered is one problem with the warranty. If you feel like hearing your local shop complain about being underpaid and asked to use Chicom parts supplied by the insurer....go ahead.
    Regardless of what Sean "Sell My Soul for a Buck" Hannity uses run away screaming like a little girl.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    run away faster than the wind....Why do you think that the use these so call "celebs" to sell their product?????? The "celebs" are paid money to tell you why you need this service from this company....Call around to local shops and ask if they are willing to work on cars with this"Car Shield" warranty repair policy and if not what policies do they recomend.....drill sgt.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    IF the failure is covered is one problem with the warranty. If you feel like hearing your local shop complain about being underpaid and asked to use Chicom parts supplied by the insurer....go ahead.
    Regardless of what Sean "Sell My Soul for a Buck" Hannity uses run away screaming like a little girl.
    Why would a shop complain about getting underpaid ? If the work comes to 500 bucks . SOMEBODY is going to pay it .

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    This is pretty much a unanimous response.
    Kinda what I figured.
    I didn't think he should do the Car Shield thing to begin with.
    Thanks guys!

rocko

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Greenwell Springs (Central)
    I pay $69/month for coverage on my 16 F-150. So for I've had a torque converter and rear end replaced. Had to search for dealers and threatened to cancel and they found me a satisfactory mechanic shop to make repairs and they had to use Ford parts. You will have to be prepared to show maintenance records. Repairs went smoothly, no complaints. My coverage is for drivetrain only.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Tell him to just put whatever the premium would be in a savings acct every month. A 14 sentra is rock simple, and if the trans is ok, the rest will likely last to 250k miles. And ditto on doing your own oil changes and brakes, etc. Best not to have a goon ruin your car, and pay for the privilege...

Top Bottom