Car Stickers Invite Theives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I was thinking more of the BS.com, CSS and NRA stickers showing that I am probably a gun owner.

Another thought track. You're Joe LEO Cop and you're pulling over Lost for some little traffic infraction. What do you think the reaction is going to be seeing his back window vs a clean sheet?

This is the only thing I would feel concern over. As far as thieves go, what about owning a nice house, car, watch, etc? Wouldn't they make just as big a statement that you probably have other possessions worth stealing? Having come home from school twice as a teen to find the house broken into and everything but the furniture and clothes stolen, finding a window knocked out of my truck would be a little thing.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Having come home from school twice as a teen to find the house broken into and everything but the furniture and clothes stolen, finding a window knocked out of my truck would be a little thing.

Wow I have been very lucky. Never had a house broken into. Not even my folks. The worst they had happen was someone stole the battery out of their car. This was back in the early 70s. A couple years ago my sister left her purse on the floor in the back seat and someone busted out the window and stole it.

I have had stuff taken from vehicles. I had a CB stolen in high school but I left my car with the windows down in a parking lot. Then around 2000 I had a tool box in the bed of my truck. I had left it there for a couple weeks and it got stolen. Those two were my fault though so I couldnt get upset about it.

Last edited:

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    oops

I guess I'm screwed

attachment.php

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well, if inviting thieves to break into your car wasn't enough discouragement.... what about this scenario:
    You're driving into work in your vehicle with all your shooting glory stickers on your car. You do something, at random, that really broke the camel's back of another motorist and he decides to ruin your day. He/She calls from her cell phone to police to report you're driving irradically and waiving your gun around (that she decided you had because of the stickers). Cop pulls you over, sure enough, you have a gun(s) in your vehicle.

That's a good thought.

If you've got stickers on your car, you best not cut me off!!!!!! :mad:

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom