carry at the spill way in st charles parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    If I'm not mistaken, that was a state legislation that only covers state parks. If this question is referring to USACE property, then it is not covered under that legislation. Being at work, I don't really have time to find the info to back it up.

Yes, but we had National Park changes in Feb. of this year too. The national parks in a state will allow CC if the state allows CC in it's parks.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2008/12/07/concealed-guns-to-be-allowed-in-national-parks.htm

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    So is that a yes it legal to ccw in the spillway?

As I posted in post number 3, if it falls under the Corps of Engineers property, then they ban loaded firearms and ammunition except for a couple exceptions. Someone else posted that the spillway falls under a state WMA.
    Corps of Engineers property = No
    LA Wildlife Management Area = Yes (After August 15, 2010)

Notice that there seems to be a difference in the WLF regulations that are being released compared to the new state statute.
    Act 790 does not allow carry for CHP holders only, while the new rules & regulations do.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    We don't have to worry about that; there are no national parks in Louisiana.:)

We have several NWRs in LA (National Wildlife Refuges). These fall under the Department of Interior. This is different jurisdiction than the property managed by the Corps of Engineers. We can legally carry on DOI property.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom