CAS Match 4/07/13

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajunprepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Convent LA
    CAS had 80+ shooters today and the match was conducted in a tad over 3-hours. Many sincere thanks to the Match Directors/Organizers who work so hard to allow us to have a great time. The science of moving shooters along and the recipe of stages were perfect. Hats off!!!

woody

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Yep, that was a good match! Lots of fun, except for those no-shoots jumping in the way on the classifier...

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Yes it was.Thanks guys and gals.Am I the only one who thinks Max jr is really a robot sent from the future?I swear I heard him ask one of the poppers if it was Sarrah Oconner.LOL

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Woody and James, without the help y'all and Darryl gave, we'd still be there. Our squad was pretty efficient.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I had the pleasure of watching Max Jr. run Stage 1. It was IMPRESSIVE. I did tell him that I was glad he'd remembered to do everything he taught me. He got a good laugh from that.

I thought that all of the stages were fun.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Really solid match, and an excellent turn out.

I realized for the first time just how much work the club officers and set-up crew put in. I really, really appreciate everything you guys do and want to give my most sincere thanks for it.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Those runs looked great, Jason. You always come up with ways to shoot a stage I wouldn't have thought of!

Not sure any of the ways I shot helped any. After looking at others times on stage 5 I don't think I saved any time shooting through the gaps even though I saved a reload.

Bo, how did you run stage 6? Only steel from the back box?

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    According to stage briefing, shooting anything other than steel was not legal. Believe me, I thought about it.

"STAGE PROCEDURE
    On signal, engage all steel from starting box ONLY. Engage all other targets as they appear from within the fault lines. "

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Not sure any of the ways I shot helped any. After looking at others times on stage 5 I don't think I saved any time shooting through the gaps even though I saved a reload.

Bo, how did you run stage 6? Only steel from the back box?

I was just looking at 5. I'd have to see it again in person, but it's highly possible (maybe even likely) that your strategy was better. I know that I personally never even looked around those No Shoots. It looks like the left side was awkward for you, but the right seemed very natural. Hard to say after the fact.

On 6:

We shot steel left-to-right, taking the hidden mini-popper over the right "shoulder" of the big one. (I drew to a DA miss, but went 1-for-1 on the rest.) Then we sprinted in to the open targets on the right side, shot the zebra there backing out. (I shot 4 A's on the first open target for some reason-- 2 coming in and 2 leaving, haha.) We stopped on the left side where you did and shot the slashed hard cover and then the two opens from that corner.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    According to stage briefing, shooting anything other than steel was not legal. Believe me, I thought about it.

"STAGE PROCEDURE
    On signal, engage all steel from starting box ONLY. Engage all other targets as they appear from within the fault lines. "

Huh. If I did what Jason did and got dinged, I might have arbed it.

The way the first part is written, engaging steel from the starting box is the focus. The second part kind of suggests "paper only from the other shooting area", but it's vague.

"On signal, engage ONLY the steel from the start box. Then move to the main shooting area, and engage targets as they become visible. (Paper may not be shot from the box.)" Problem solved, and clarified again just in case.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yeah 5 is one that I would have liked to run both ways. The left side was awkward.

For 6 I can see it being interpreted either way. Since it didn't say that I could not do it, I did it.

Looks like you shot plates about as good as me. Stage 1 I fired 7 shots at the second plate before I hit it. No idea what happened. Texas star sucked as well.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yeah 5 is one that I would have liked to run both ways. The left side was awkward.

For 6 I can see it being interpreted either way. Since it didn't say that I could not do it, I did it.

Looks like you shot plates about as good as me. Stage 1 I fired 7 shots at the second plate before I hit it. No idea what happened. Texas star sucked as well.

I've known for a long time what happens to me on plates-- I end up looking at neither the plate nor the sight clearly. You can see me on the plate rack leaving the position over and over again, but not hitting anything-- I'm actually calling hits off of a fuzzy front sight, wondering WTF is going on. :rofl:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom