CC Chalmette Battlefield

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Chalmette National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery located within Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve in Chalmette, Louisiana.

I think it qualifies as a national monument so I'm going to say no? At least I wouldn't chance it. But that's just me.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    From what I am reading here: http://www.nps.gov/jela/parkmgmt/lawsandpolicies.htm and here: http://www.nps.gov/jela/parkmgmt/upload/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20Public%202-18-10_FINAL%20from%20SER.pdf it seems as though carrying on the grounds is ok, (unless it posted otherwise) as long as you follow the local laws regarding carrying.

But carrying inside a facility on the park grounds is not permitted. What's a facility? From the second link above:

Q. Can I take a firearm anywhere I go in the park?
    A. No. Federal law prohibits firearms in “federal facilities,” which are generally defined as federallyowned
    or -leased buildings where federal employees work on a regular basis. Buildings that meet this
    definition will have signs posted at public entrances noting the prohibition on firearms. In addition,
    privately-owned or -operated facilities within park boundaries may not allow firearms, consistent with
    the laws of that state.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't that law changed a few years ago?
    Feb. 22, 2010.

Top Bottom