CCW Application-Pistol Revolver or both

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Hello all,

I have been looking around this site for a while as I was considering getting a CHP. I have decided to get one and am taking my course tomorrow morning. I have called the place that I am taking the course but could not get anyone to have my question answered. After looking at the application, under the question and answer portion, question six states:

Have you completed training as prescribed in LRS 40:1379.3 (D) (1) and LAC 55:I:1307.D? (Attach Proof)
    You MUST indicate the type of Handgun you received training with: Pistol Revolver Both

I have both a Glock 23 and a Colt Mk 5. My question is if I just bring the G23 and get the training with it and file the application just marking Pistol and later get a small or medium frame revolver would I not be able to carry it? If not on a general note, is it common for you to be able to train with both at one class, or is it more than likely two classes?

Thanks for the responses. I have enjoyed reading and now hope to enjoy being apart of this group that enjoys shooting as much as I.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    This is correct. As was the first response. It makes no difference which you carry, the permit is valid for ANY LEGALLY OWNED semiauto or revolver, not 1 specific weapon like some states.

yo bryan, can I sling a brace of dracos under my duster? :naughty:

Draggonshoot.jpg

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    yo bryan, can I sling a brace of dracos under my duster? :naughty:

As long as they're HANDGUNS, which I'm sure there would be a lively debate as to whether or not they are, I don't see why not, but I'm no authority.

Call the Sarge at LSP and ask.

Personally, I think hanging a 12 gauge under your arm beneath one of those would be pretty badasstical as well. :naughty:

Top Bottom