CCW belts and carry positions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copter wrench

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New to CCW, just got my license. I've got a few questions for guys that know a thing or two. What belt are most of you wearing? I'm thinking about the Hanks belts? I've got a gut(beer belly) but not hanging over my belt line. For AIWB and 3:00 or 4:00 do you wear pants and belt 1, 2 or 3 sizes up? When I carry OWB it's at 3:00, is this a common IWB position to? I'll be carring a Shadow Systems MR920 with TLR7 and Holosun.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

I bought 2 of these 15 years ago, have worn one them every single day and through just about every level of hell short of war, and they still serve me today. I could use new ones, mostly because one has been missing for a few years and the remaining one is wearing out.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I like the ratchet type belts from Kore Essentials and Nexbelt. You cut belts to size.

I wear pants two inches wider waist

Hanks belts are good if you just want a traditional belt

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I have used a belt from The Belt Man foj about 10 years and it is still holding up well. The Belt Man has a sizing chart that you can use to get the correct belt size for carrying.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I bought 2 of these 15 years ago, have worn one them every single day and through just about every level of hell short of war, and they still serve me today. I could use new ones, mostly because one has been missing for a few years and the remaining one is wearing out.
    I've worn their belts everyday for over 25 years.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    First edc belt was a leather 5.11 lasted about five years before the sweat eventually got it. I've got beltman and nexbelt now. All are fine.

Don't get a groove belt. No matter what they say I wouldn't consider them edc belt.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have been strictly been wearing Ares Agis belts for the past 8 yrs and love them.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I was wearing a velcro belt for 10+ years daily even at work and carrying 3oclock when needed. It was not easy nor comfortable to carry so I found myself throwing my Ruger LCP in my pocket most of the time. I did not like the idea of a small pocket gun but that's a story for another time.

I recently switched to AIWB then soon after I bought a tenicor zero belt. I wanted a very small "buckle". That set up is FAR more comfortable for me. I do not like belts with holes. I like them to be "infinity" adjustable. I'm not going to recommend a position nor holster. Those are a couple things that depends on the person's body and activities they do. Unfortunately, that can get expensive and time consuming.

Since you are new to a CC permit, rememeber know one knows you have it. Dont keep adjusting yourself. People are too buried in their phones and other bs to see you print.

Top Bottom