Central Progressve Bank Closes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    www.cpb.com

ya so my bank just closed (and im sure im not the only one here who used them) ....all i gotta say is thank god for the FDIC. does anyone have a bank they can suggest? i liked the customer service they had since it was a small local bank. my g/f hates her bank (chase). so who do you use and would you recommend them?

Anyone but Crapital 1. The only reason I stick with them is it would kill my credit score to leave as all my oldest accounts are with them.

Why I hate Capital One:

-When mistakes are made, they take weeks to fix because they are so convoluted in their structure.

-They will stack over-draft charges (If you have ANY charges that have not hit your account, when you overdraft, they pick THAT MOMENT to push through your last 10 purchases and you will have over $1,000 on overdraft fees. That happened to me once when a clerk made an error with one of my deposits. It was absurd! Took a week to straighten out, during which my bank acct. dipped way into the red and I had no $$ when I should have had enough to finish out paying for what I needed until I got paid.)

-They only gave me a $1,000 credit-card. I consider myself "middle-class" as far as income, I am far below 40% D/I, I have a credit score that bounces high 6's/low7's depending on the time of month (whether my CC's are paid off or not, because the limit is so stupid low). I pay all my notes on time and have never not done so. I have had a $2500 LOC with them for over 3 years that has always been paid, I have banked with them for nearly a decade. Oh, well, it's better than the $500 limit on the last card they gave me (FINALLY! went to $1250 after over a year...). ANECA Credit Union, who financed my new Z06 offered me a $6K limit with under 7% interest (I declined because I don't like carrying more than 2 CC's. When I am older, I will apply for another one, but at age 25, I think more than 2CC's and an LOC might send the wrong message to potential lenders). Both my C1 cards are 19.9% interest . I never carry a balance, but still...wtf?

Basically, if you want to be treated like crap, or you just want a place to cash checks and do on-line bill-pay with, go with Capital One. If you actually use your bank for financing things, a credit-card, loans, etc. Find a bank that will actually benefit you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom