Change the Glock grip angle to 1911

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    This hasn’t been necessary since the Gen 3 Glocks. And even then there was better ways to do a grip reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Ugh no. If I wanted a 1911 grip angle, I would have bought a 1911. Guess what? I did not buy a 1911 but instead bought a Glock because that is the grip angle that works for me. Why would anyone buy something that they would have to modify to meet their needs any way? It is kind of like all those buying ar platforms and doing a whole bunch of changes to it to "fit" their "needs". If the ar platform is/was so great, why would they have to be making any changes to it? If it does not work for you, buy what works for you!

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I grew up on 1911's, but I compete with several different brands. I never liked the Glock grip angle but I got used to it. I now have Shadow System's DR920 and MR920 with the flat backstrap and I'm happy with them. Everyone has different taste and should shoot what fits them best. My current polymer favorite for competition is the M&P by Ed Brown. I have Apex triggers in all my M&P's and that is what I like. All my 1911/2011's are still more accurate than any polymer gun and has better triggers.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    People that don’t like the Glock grip angle shoot something else or send their guns to Boresight.
    Right I understand I was just being facetious. I suppose this is a good way for 1911 guys to be able to experience what it’s like to shoot a truly reliable pistol that won’t jam. I’m sure someone here will chime in about how they have a unicorn 1911 that has never malfunctioned on them. I don’t believe it and if it hasn’t I don’t believe many rounds have been ran through it. 1911s look amazing and shoot great. I’m just not sold on the reliability, even the higher dollar ones can be extremely finicky with ammo. That’s never mattered with any of my Glocks.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have seen more than 100,000 rounds fired in a week on a range where about 75 new LEO's were training for P O S T and properly maintained Glocks flat out run.
    I have personally fired more than 100,000 rounds in my lifetime using primarily Glocks without issue.
    More than 42,000 through 1 Glock without any issues but it was well broken in.
    Very little shooting for me due to poor health in recent years.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Right I understand I was just being facetious. I suppose this is a good way for 1911 guys to be able to experience what it’s like to shoot a truly reliable pistol that won’t jam. I’m sure someone here will chime in about how they have a unicorn 1911 that has never malfunctioned on them. I don’t believe it and if it hasn’t I don’t believe many rounds have been ran through it. 1911s look amazing and shoot great. I’m just not sold on the reliability, even the higher dollar ones can be extremely finicky with ammo. That’s never mattered with any of my Glocks.

The reason people believe 1911’s are unreliable is due to the number of issues people have with poorly made pistols.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The reason people believe 1911’s are unreliable is due to the number of issues people have with poorly made pistols.

Agreed. The problem with “1911” is it’s more a generic term than a brand or model. See also “AR15”. A Bear Creek Arsenal is not going to perform like a SOLGW, but they both become data points all the same.

In addition my personal experience with 1911s has shown there is a smaller window of reliable tolerances...too loose and they suck, too tight and they’re finicky. A quality middle-of-the-road factory built 1911 is about the best bet you’ll get. Even in the best case scenario they still require much more maintenance than modern fighting pistols.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Agreed. The problem with “1911” is it’s more a generic term than a brand or model. See also “AR15”. A Bear Creek Arsenal is not going to perform like a SOLGW, but they both become data points all the same.

In addition my personal experience with 1911s has shown there is a smaller window of reliable tolerances...too loose and they suck, too tight and they’re finicky. A quality middle-of-the-road factory built 1911 is about the best bet you’ll get. Even in the best case scenario they still require much more maintenance than modern fighting pistols.

How dare you say a budget gun isn’t just as good :mamoru:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Looks like there was a smidgen of confusion here. This thread is about Glocks, not HKs.

Don't even waste your energy man.. He is a glock fan boy... My Cz AO1-LD will out shoot any glock he has and he won't admit it. According to him canik has a better trigger.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom