CHP conversation with two LEO's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think it was on this forum where I read when I first joined about a guy getting stopped somewhere around Springfield one night.
    He had a CHP but didn't have a gun in the car so he didn't say anything about the CHP since there was no gun.
    He said the Deputy came back to his car and started bitching him out for not telling him he had a CHP and that he could book him for not telling him. :rolleyes:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I got into a wreck once and had over 10- a mix of handguns and long guns. The trooper actually laughed out loud (as my family members helped me unload my truck) and said something to the effect of "Damn, buddy! You're better armed than I am!".....:)

Yeah, despite what many people think based on the highly publicized and talked about antics of s few cops, most LEO will not hassle you unless you are breaking the law. 99% of the others have a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge about some gun laws...just like most average people in the wirld.

It is hard for many of u to understand that because we are "gun guys", but most cops are not "gun guys" and unless they encounter illegal guns a lot as a normal course of there duties, they do not know or generally care.

I happen to know a lot because it is an interest of mine. For example, I am not a narcotics officer, so I do not know all the drug laws off the top of my head. Most patrol guys know the big gun laws as they apply to bad guys, but do not know all the other laws like 922 compliant parts, open carry, etc.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I got into a wreck once and had over 10- a mix of handguns and long guns. The trooper actually laughed out loud (as my family members helped me unload my truck) and said something to the effect of "Damn, buddy! You're better armed than I am!".....:)

You should have just told him your truck was an extension of your home. :rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You should have just told him your truck was an extension of your home. :rofl:

He did ask me while laughing "what are you doing with all that hardware??" (he was very good natured about it and was just being curious). I told him that I was a shooter & was on my way back from my camp....He seemed to actually get a kick out of it.

Only later did I find out that my brother works with his brother (something none of us knew at that time)....:)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    He did ask me while laughing "what are you doing with all that hardware??" (he was very good natured about it and was just being curious). I told him that I was a shooter & was on my way back from my camp....He seemed to actually get a kick out of it.

Only later did I find out that my brother works with his brother (something none of us knew at that time)....:)

Yeah, I once found myself handcuffed on a **** covered alley of NOLA while the 7th District task FOrce marveled at my Khar PM9.

F-ing cops. :D

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    ...and then pull my "Concealed Handgun Permit Holder" badge out of my shirt, letting it hang from my neck. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Mad respects bro!

LOL.

I reccomend all my students get a real badge wallet and carry their CHP badge with their NRA membership card, just so any wayward LEO's knows whats up with them.

Top Bottom