CHP renewal ...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The LSP website says that you will be notified in writing 120 days before your permit expires . WRONG !! I just happened to look at my permit and had an OH **** moment . May 26 ...
    I went to a class and sent in the renewal electronically and it was confirmed . Five days later I still had not received the link to pay them so I emailed them . Link was sent within hours . Yeah , I know they are busy but , damn . My initial permit process was super smooth but not this time .
    Check your expiration date , folks . :cool:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The LSP website says that you will be notified in writing 120 days before your permit expires . WRONG !! I just happened to look at my permit and had an OH **** moment . May 26 ...
    I went to a class and sent in the renewal electronically and it was confirmed . Five days later I still had not received the link to pay them so I emailed them . Link was sent within hours . Yeah , I know they are busy but , damn . My initial permit process was super smooth but not this time .
    Check your expiration date , folks . :cool:

I got mine the first year they were issued and I have never received a early notice.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sounds like the same as your vehicle registration renewal. Sometimes I get a notice, sometimes I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Same here. No notice, but I knew mine was coming due.

Be sure to check your junk/spam folder for all the emails.

I’m at 1.5 months since I started the renewal.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Same here. No notice, but I knew mine was coming due.

Be sure to check your junk/spam folder for all the emails.

I’m at 1.5 months since I started the renewal.

You should have it by early August if you mailed it in.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I got an email today . Application approved . Now I wait .
    What do I do with the old card after the new one comes in ? Website says to return it but no other info .

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I got an email today . Application approved . Now I wait .
    What do I do with the old card after the new one comes in ? Website says to return it but no other info .

Eh, the card has something on it about returning it. I never did and was never given clear instructions on returning it. I kept it in case something happened, but it's clearly expired. I never understood the purpose of returning it.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    So... you don't check your expiration date on your license or on your CCW? what about your brake tag? or car insurance? You just wait for someone to have to TELL you to renew it? How about when a bill is due?

Why not just setup alerts or reminders on your phone? Or should someone do that for you too??? hahaha...

I'm giving you SH!T... but I'm not.

I never trust any government agency to be efficient... well, more efficient than me anyway.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Ok. So, not a renewal here but just got back from a business trip and after waiting 7 months for my permit to come in, I got a letter from LSP saying that my fingerprints were no good. Had them done digitally, so not sure how they could not be sufficient?

Anyway, I lost a full week from being out of town and now only have a few business days left to get this resolved or face a denial.

Does anyone know where I can get fingerprints on (or near) the North Shore? Preferably on a weekend?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ok. So, not a renewal here but just got back from a business trip and after waiting 7 months for my permit to come in, I got a letter from LSP saying that my fingerprints were no good. Had them done digitally, so not sure how they could not be sufficient?

Anyway, I lost a full week from being out of town and now only have a few business days left to get this resolved or face a denial.

Does anyone know where I can get fingerprints on (or near) the North Shore? Preferably on a weekend?

Any police station with a jail should be able to do them.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    It’s been a while since I had physical prints done, but I think it’s something like $10 per card.

Thank you for the help!

Ended up going out to BR to get the prints done. Took less than 15 mins once I got there. $10 (plus tax) to get the prints done. Received my permit in the mail 7 calendar days later just in time for my birthday!!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is the following email address legitimate?

I just got an email from CHPServiceSystem@la.gov with an attachment. The attachment is a Word document and has my CHP # on it.

I've never seen this return address before, and I have not initiated this. So before I open the attachment, do any of you know if this is a legitimate email about my permit? Perhaps my renewal reminder?!?

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Is the following email address legitimate?

I just got an email from CHPServiceSystem@la.gov with an attachment. The attachment is a Word document and has my CHP # on it.

I've never seen this return address before, and I have not initiated this. So before I open the attachment, do any of you know if this is a legitimate email about my permit? Perhaps my renewal reminder?!?
    Got something similar. it was a 6 month reminder to renew. Can’t say yours is legit but mine was. Check your permit and if you’ve got 6 months left I’d say that’s what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom