CHP Timeline ***Update***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I took my class back in May and have been waiting like everyone. Finally got the "fingerprint rejection" letter and went up to BR tho have it done there. Went on a Wednesday and my permit came in the mail the following Saturday. Surprise!!!

I asked the woman who was taking my prints if they had sent out many rejection letters and she said about 600 a day. Makes you wonder who isn't carrying....Also makes you wonder if they just don't want to get them all on electronic file. I mean can there be that many bad finger print takers out there?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    it's been ~90 days since i mailed mine.... you guys think I'm getting a rejection letter or they are really just that slow? I know a lot of y'all said not to call since it takes their time away from them working on our permits.

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Dropped off my package, and did the fingerprints, on Oct. 14 and received permit today....5 weeks and a day. I assume the fact that I had a permit that expired last year helped since they gave me the same number on the permit LOL.

Cheers.

I Love Grits

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think they must have certain days they "issue" the permits. I dropped mine off at LSP, with the same criteria as others weeks after me and they all were issued on the same day. I think they pool certain submission dates after running checks, and have them printed on the same day.

That would explain why some are quicker than others by a few weeks.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I Dropped mine off at the post office AUGUST 12th, FINALLY!!!! it came in today. Issued 11/11/09!!! So yea, walmart walk tomorrow with HK9c and LCP
    Congrats. I was at Walmart on College Drive here in Baton Rouge this weekend. I just HAd to have one of those deep friers they had on sale. As I was walking toward the front of the store I was behind an older guy and a kid. The guy pulled the kid over to the side a bit and told him "Let that man go around you". As I walked past them down the isle the kid said "Daddy, that man has a gun" and pointed at my Ruger P-89 holstered on my belt. The guy said "That's why you need to let him go around". :D I almost laughed out loud.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I sent mine off at the end of June. I called yesterday and they said I'd been approved and I should get in in 60-90 days.

It took me 30 minutes to get my caddo parish permit, filling out forms and all.

Got it. Took 150 days total. (~5 months)

1911heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2007
    Okay here's a time line:

My packet was dropped off at LSP for me by someone else. My packet contained my previously done fingerprint card, I was not able to go to LSP personally for fingerprints at that time.

I have a clean background, no divorce, arrests, long-time resident, etc.

My permit arrived by mail 54 days later.

Thanks LSP for doing a good job despite being stretched.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I dropped off my paperwork at LSP on Oct 20th and got my permit in the mail today. Only 6 weeks. Not bad turn around time. Not bad at all.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I dropped mine off Oct 19. Fingerprints not done at LSP. Just called this morning and they said that it has been approved, printed, and will be mailed out by Friday. Almost 60 days on the nose.

BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    This is good to read. I mailed mine in last week so hopefully if this 60day time line that you experienced holds I should have mine by late January or early February.

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Had fingerprints done at LSP and turned in the packet on November 9th. Permit arrived December 1st. I was surprised. That was a 22 day turnaround. Evidentally they are catching up with the backlog. Have been to Wally World a few times and never carry anything in my right hand. :D

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Yeah, they're definitely catching up, which is a good thing. I turned mine in at LSP (and was fingerprinted there as well) on December 15th, and got my permit in the mail this past Wednesday (January 13th).

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Brought mine to LSP HQ on 12/15/09 (and had fingerprints done there) and got the envelope in the mail 1/14/10. Was very impressed with the process at LSP HQ - moved very quickly and everyone was very pleasant.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Brought mine to LSP HQ on 12/15/09 (and had fingerprints done there) and got the envelope in the mail 1/14/10. Was very impressed with the process at LSP HQ - moved very quickly and everyone was very pleasant.

Are you the guy who got your money order snatched at the gas station? :rofl:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom