City of Baker Photo Speed Trap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayouboy81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Zachary
    I just got notice of a collection on my credit from city of baker. My wife's car is under my name. I don't even drive it and the put it on my credit. Going to dispute it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just got notice of a collection on my credit from city of baker. My wife's car is under my name. I don't even drive it and the put it on my credit. Going to dispute it

What does this mean? I don't understand what you're saying. Did they get into your credit rating? How? Do they have your SSN?

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I don't know how they did it but I have a collection of my credit report

Dispute it.

Personally I've picked up a couple BS parking tickets from downtown New Orleans.
    I paid, and I informed them I would no longer be stopping for lunch down there when I go into the VA. (and I don't, I now stop in Kenner)
    I know they don't care, but if EVERYONE did that.... The businesses and residents would force a change.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

If you're married isn't your credit her credit too?

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They deal with these traffic tickets (speed camera) in lots thru the court system in Baker. If you dispute the ticket they will throw it out. It would take more time and resources to deal with the disputes than the lost revenue from the thrown out ticket (I have this on good authority). So if you get one of these DISPUTE IT!

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    They deal with these traffic tickets (speed camera) in lots thru the court system in Baker. If you dispute the ticket they will throw it out. It would take more time and resources to deal with the disputes than the lost revenue from the thrown out ticket (I have this on good authority). So if you get one of these DISPUTE IT!

They charge a fee to dispute the ticket. $30, if I recall correctly. My ticket was $40 so to dispute it would have been near pointless.

They have this racket down to an art.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I got one in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, photo speed trap capital of the world (Google it). I requested the calibration records for the unit and the training records for the reviewing officer. They didn't respond and kept sending me letters. I kept requesting the records. After about a year they stopped. Never hit my credit report.

Got one on Canal St. after the Michael Buble concert. That hasn't hit my credit either, but I will be careful where I park when/if I go to the city.

michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Here's what I don't get: obviously, this is a business for the City of Baker. But what a retarded business model this is. If I was indeed the driver, I was in the City of Baker to patronize a business there. I might have bought gas while I was there, possibly had lunch.

Say they succeed in shaking me down for $40, that will mean that for as long as I shall live, I will never again stop in Baker and do anything at all to help the economy there. I have the memory of an elephant, I won't forget. Seems like that would be a net loss for them, no?

This. I drive from St. Francisville to BR and back several times a week. I got a camera ticket in Baker several months ago. Paid the ticket. But I will never go through Baker again. Never. 110 to 61 for me.

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    This. I drive from St. Francisville to BR and back several times a week. I got a camera ticket in Baker several months ago. Paid the ticket. But I will never go through Baker again. Never. 110 to 61 for me.

Yeah, I live in Zachary and only go there to pop some rounds at the range. The rest of the time I bypass from hwy 61 or 64 to Joor depending on where I'm going.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom