Clearing up some confusion.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Well, I'll break tradition and actually start a thread and not just respond to one.

The following should clear up some of the confusion...

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
    * Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers = quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
    * Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
    * Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
    * If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
    * If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
    * If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
    * If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, and you didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

Gotta love this for Palin being so 'open':

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080924/pl_politico/13823

After the Florida event, Palin left behind the print reporter “pooler” designated to follow her – but not the pool camera crew – as she, Todd and their three youngest children sped off in their motorcade to a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream parlor.

Footage captured the Palins being greeted by cheering supporters and mingling with customers without the uncomfortable presence of reporters shouting questions at Palin. The campaign later sent them an email detailing the flavors of ice cream each ordered.

“Piper had Oreo Overload. Willow (14) had Birthday Cake Mix (sic). Todd had chocolate with peanut butter. Gov. Palin also had Birthday Cake Mix (sic).”

Because America doesn't need to hear answers about what you would do as VP or your positions; rather, we all want to know what your kids ate at Cold Stone... Yes, that was their campaigns press release. I wonder how hardcore the GOP backers would be if the Obama ticket did what they could to not have reporters around?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    If you have to compare a Presidential candidate to a Presidential running mate, you might be a little desperate.

If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, wasn't this the whole slum Lord time?

Matt

Shooting the ****
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Space_for_rent.jpg

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    If you have to compare a Presidential candidate to a Presidential running mate, you might be a little desperate.

Seeing as how these are responses to the GOP's positions, I would hazard a guess that the GOP is desparate...

If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, wasn't this the whole slum Lord time?

'Slum lord' time?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Penguin , do you actualy own any guns ? Just wondering why you are here ( other than to defend all things liberal ) .

Yes, I own many a guns. I go shooting regularly. I am a veteran Marine. There are other things in my life more important than guns. And I don't defend all things liberal. But thanks for the generalization!

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I do not cherish the Republican party any more than you, but surely you are not supporting Mr. Assault Weapons Ban #1 & #2.
    smiley_confused.gif

Surely you're not supporting the man who's party has put this country in economic ruin and trillions in debt? See, some things are more important than knowing that I can't get a gun with a folding stock for the next 5-10 years. I would rather my family grow up in a country that has economic prosperity and a great education system than them growing up in a country with little jobs, more outsourcing and huge inflation so they can get that underfolder. I mean, it's not like they would then be able to afford it...

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana

That was the time Obama spent with the guy that blew up the Capitol building, the Pentagon, and the New York Police Headquarters.

Art

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Question for Penguin . What has the DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY ( both houses ) done for the last two years , to head off this " economic ruin " ? This is not a rhetorical question . Other than point fingers , place blame and make speeches , what type of action have they taken ? I don't want to hear about George Bush , Dick Chaney or the Republicans , I'm asking a specific question about the Democratic party under Pelosi's
    " leadership " .

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Surely you're not supporting the man who's party has put this country in economic ruin and trillions in debt? See, some things are more important than knowing that I can't get a gun with a folding stock for the next 5-10 years. I would rather my family grow up in a country that has economic prosperity and a great education system than them growing up in a country with little jobs, more outsourcing and huge inflation so they can get that underfolder. I mean, it's not like they would then be able to afford it...

Well, you do what your conscience dictates. I will not demean your choices.

I would say that I am shocked, though, that someone would support a candidate who wants to increase our national spending exponentially on various social programs based on fiscal grounds.

Conservatives and liberals are kindred spirits as far as government spending is concerned. First, let's make sure we understand what government spending is. Since government has no resources of its own, and since there's no Tooth Fairy handing Congress the funds for the programs it enacts, we are forced to recognize that government spending is no less than the confiscation of one person's property to give it to another to whom it does not belong – in effect, legalized theft. – Walter Williams

Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage. – Walter Williams

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    That was the time Obama spent with the guy that blew up the Capitol building, the Pentagon, and the New York Police Headquarters.

Art

You mean the ONE time that he had was being toured around and met the guy? Hmm... I had no idea that you could form an alliance after meeting someone 1 time for about an hour... Is that the 'time spent' you are referring to? That's a pretty weak point.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Question for Penguin . What has the DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY ( both houses ) done for the last two years , to head off this " economic ruin " ? This is not a rhetorical question . Other than point fingers , place blame and make speeches , what type of action have they taken ? I don't want to hear about George Bush , Dick Chaney or the Republicans , I'm asking a specific question about the Democratic party under Pelosi's
    " leadership " .

Less that 2 years.

http://democrats.senate.gov/dpc/dpc-new.cfm?doc_name=fs-110-1-80

The better question is what has the GOP (former) majority done for the 16 years prior to that that did bring us to this. If you think that the problems could be resolved in less than 2 years, you're wrong.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Well you still managed to invoke the GOP in your response , I knew that would happen . And you use a website prepared by the Dem. party to somehow justify your response . What I DID see was the Democrats passing a lot of bills that spent a shitload of money and apparently did nothing to head off this " economic ruin " . Two years is plenty of time to see results if you did actualy do something positive . They haven't and you know it . They have ALLOWED things to go downhill so as to use it to their advantage in this campaign . They blame " George Bush's policies " for the economic conditions
    while holding the clear majority in both houses . ******** somebody else , my friend . Smoke and rhetoric prove nothing .

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    You mean the ONE time that he had was being toured around and met the guy? Hmm... I had no idea that you could form an alliance after meeting someone 1 time for about an hour... Is that the 'time spent' you are referring to? That's a pretty weak point.

You may want to rethink the one time meeting B.S.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/902213,CST-NWS-ayers18.article

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-ayers-and-the-annenberg-challenge-cover-up/

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/04/finally_the_media_discovers_ob.html

Maybe next we could start on his relationship with former Fannie May chiefs James Johnson (this is the bozo that helped pick Biden as Obama's V P pick)
    and Franklin Raines.
    Now Obama not only wants to bail out Fannie May and Freddie Mac, but he also wants to pay the notes of the morons that took out the loans that started this crap. Pretty soon the cash cow is gonna die.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I have no idea how folks can think obama, with his take money from employers, spend more, give more away tactics could possibly increase the number of jobs and promote the growth of the economy. "don't make no sense"

I'll take the fellow who is known for cutting the pork and streamlining our government. And I'll "be able to buy my underfolder" or whatever. :P

And while comparing the democrat candidate to the republican running mate is clearly absurd, I am confident Governor Palin would put this country in a better direction herself as president than this obamanation.

Top Bottom