CLEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Who is considered the CLEO of a particular parish for Class IIi sign offs? Is it only the parish sheriff? Could the Chief of Police or City Marshall sign off? I'm just curious with elections coming up in Lafayette Parish since our current Sheriff isn't known to sign off. I would like to contact all candidates with the ability to sign and inquire on their stance in regards to Class III items.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases.
    [27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]

Didn't know the DA was also able to sign..... I will be sending emails to these candidates as well. Thanks.

Sigfan

Queso is the Answer
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    The Wank of JP
    Spend $3-400 and get a trust and never have to worry about it again.

This a 1000 times. Have always done the CLEO myself, but anything new will be trust. Can't E-file with CLEO or allow anyone else to take the item alone. Plus prints and photos every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk & misspellings thanks to iPhone

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    This a 1000 times. Have always done the CLEO myself, but anything new will be trust. Can't E-file with CLEO or allow anyone else to take the item alone. Plus prints and photos every time.

Yup, Trust FTW! :thumbsup:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are they not doing away with the trust "loophole"?

ATF projects no final action on 41P until at least 2015. They've got around 8,400 valid comments to respond to before they MAY take any action, then there will be the flurry of law suits to deal with.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201404&RIN=1140-AA43#

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/05/atf-updates-41p-final-action-d.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ve-action-gun-loophole-stalled-nra-opposition

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

This is a huge reason to get a trust even if your CLEO will sign off. I want my wife or other family members to have access to my safe when I'm not home.

Top Bottom