Collecting brass from the range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gravytrain

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Lafayette
    things are so sad that i saw four poor forum members are actually trying to track down 1 10mm brass casing at sherburne.
    wasnt me lol I'm not that hard up but one of the main reasons I wanna start reloading is to save money so i'm not too proud to go around picking up brass.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    things are so sad that i saw four poor forum members are actually trying to track down 1 10mm brass casing at sherburne.

I was one of the four. One of the others let me run a mag through his Delta Elite, and 10mm brass is made of unobtanium lately. We found all but one of the 10mm brass amongst the thousands of steel, aluminum and rusted cases in front of the shooting benches. One more plus for big bore revolvers, you retain all the brass and can dump it into your collection bag.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    As I prepare to start my own reloading, I would like to start getting supplies ahead of time so the cost doesn't hit me all at one. Would I look like a jackass if I were to walk around the benches picking up used brass at the range? What do you usually put it in? sorry for the dumb question. :D

If this were true lot of us would be looking like Jackass' for years.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Important SAFETY tip: DO NOT attempt to pick up any brass in the general area where BAYOUSLIDE is shooting -- you could lose a hand. Or an arm.

I resemble that remark :D

I may be only a C classification USPSA competitor, but I'm GM-quick when it comes to snagging once-fired brass at the IPSO range. You snooze, you lose :rofl:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Just have common decency and ask. Don't be like the tool bag RO that was stalking me and my freshly prepped Lake City 06'. At one point I considered asking him if he would like to climb on my neck and catch them as they ejected. Freakin' shithead.

Top Bottom