WTT: Colt 1892

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    I was given a very well used 1892 in .38LC, for some gratis repair work I did. SNs ID it as a 1904 manufacture unit. Plastic grips and lack of acceptance stamps indicate that it was civilian issued. You can see in the picture that the ejector rod is broken and the left grip has a missing corner. Cylinder lock up is out of time. For a 109 year old pistol the rifling looks pretty darn good. All of the marks you see on the body of the gun appear to be original tooling marks.

In a thread on here I got price ranges of 100-300 dollars I've talked to a couple of other guys and had prices of up to 600-700 thrown at it elsewhere. In short I just don't have a good cash price for this one, for the sake of this add, Cash price is $450.

If you have a penchant for these guns and would be interested in trading them for something I can use let's work out a deal. I'm up for almost any trade out there.

I love things that shoot 9mm, .45, .30-06, and .308. I'm even in the market for for a mid sized .22lr semi auto pistol for my wife. Enough .223/5.56, .30-06 or 9mm ammo could lead me to pass this guy to a new owner. AR Optics might peak my interest. an 18.5" barrel and stock for an 870 would interest me. If you have something else to offer drop me a PM, I might need/want it, I'm not entirely restricted to firearm trades but my priority is there.

I'm in no hurry to get rid of this little .38lc but I prefer to have tools I can use and I would rather see someone with a real appreciation for it have it. The only things I like to just look at have seen time in war. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions since this one is a little out of my range of normal dealings I will be glad to tell you anything you need to know.

6tfzawmbgvixhia34a1.jpg

veeuj5vov5a96v67t25.jpg

Last edited:

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    As I post these pictures I realize that the broken section of the grip isn't shown very clearly. I'll take another one later this week and add it in just for more clarity, in the mean time if anyone has something in particular they would like to see let me know and I'll take that as well.

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Was going through my safe last night and stumble across this one again. Figured I would give a little TTT. I would still love to see someone who appreciates these have it.

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Well looks like almost two years has past and I just stumbled on this one again. TTT one more time. I think I really will put it on GB.com after this. If you're interested let's work something out.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom