Colt New police .32 revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbo

La CHP Instructor #468
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Alexandria
    My brother just handed me a Colt New police .32 revolver. although the finish, which I think is nickel, is a bit discolored in places, it looks pretty good. It has a serial # 49XX. The barrel is even bright. Anyone know what type of ammo it uses and anyway I can find out about this gun?

yuplstqdwttngfqbp0es.jpg

7xwckdgzbduj95kwq.jpg

WHAT ABOUT VALUE?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My grandfather had the same gun in blue. I've shot it on a few occasions. Nice gun, fairly accurate. .32 s&w long isn't a bad round if you don't mind LRN. Finding hollow points isn't easy though (but I did see at a gun show once where somone drilled a hollow point and inserted a primer backwards and was selling as 'exploding' ammo! and no I didn't buy any...).
    I checked on the value pre-katrina. In good condition it was about $350 IIRC, not that I'd ever sell that gun if I inherit it.

columbo

La CHP Instructor #468
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Alexandria
    this is what it says....

"Colt New Police 32" is on the left side of the barrel. There is no "." in front of the 32 ( etc .32). there are a few bulletts with the gun. They say "PMC 32 S&W L" . I know that they are .32 S&W Longs, but.... that doesn't necessarily mean that they are the one's for the gun. Probably, but better to ask than not.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That serial number range makes it 1899 production. The New Police model was started in 1896. The serial numbers up to 4500 went to NYPD to standardize their carry arms. So sayth Wilson.

Dave

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    ammo

forget about hollow points. the loads are the same as when it was black powder.I have had many 32 smith cal.I load for them on a true line jr.cast my own.I use lee molds.6 cavity.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom