Comments from a 5 year old.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P7M8

"IE" Chantilly Import
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Metro New Orleans Area
    While picking up the kids from school today (in uniform) I heard a voice behind me say "I don't want a police officer killing me". I had to confirm with a teacher that I had heard correctly. Needless to say I was shocked. This was at a Catholic elementary school. This little girl couldn't have been older than 5. Who taught her this?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    While picking up the kids from school today (in uniform) I heard a voice behind me say "I don't want a police officer killing me". I had to confirm with a teacher that I had heard correctly. Needless to say I was shocked. This was at a Catholic elementary school. This little girl couldn't have been older than 5. Who taught her this?

That's sad. :(

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Kids will inevidably learn what killing is. Especially through TV but most probably via their parents influence.

My 4 year old son knows that we kill animals and eat them. From TV he's seen a GI Joe kill the bad guys. 1978 Superman beat up BG's, Batman smoke the Joker etc.etc. The other day he randomly said, "Dad, we don't kill Policeman though do we?" I was Like WHAT!?!? NO Son!, We don't kill Policeman, we don't uh...kill anyone unless they are...uh.... trying to hurt momma are sister....Hell I didn't know what to say he's 4!

My son does however assume that Policeman are protectors that beat up bad guys which is why he asked the question about killing someone he beats up bad guys I guess. Blew my mind.....

Last edited:

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Parents.
    My 9 year olds teacher told me she had a conference with a parent who freely told her how she teaches her son to question authority.

Tater

Mud Puppy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Leesville
    similarly, i was working and saw a 4 year old lost wandering around without supervision. I pull up (in a marked unit) and the 4 year old runs from us and tries to hide.... i guess if daddy runs from cops and bad mouths us, why wouldn't he?...

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    To Question authority is not a problem.
    to defy authority is.

Parents will also coach children to perform other behaviors which can be documented.
    Then they bring their baby to the SSI office and get a check because jr has ADD, ODD, or is just a DUMB ASS. Totally caused by thier parents Genetics and Parenting.

Or

SOmetime parents tell small children silly things like.
    "You better keep you seat belt on or that cop will stop us and take me to jail."

?????

Need more info and a context

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Who knows, maybe they seen a cop kill a bad guy on tv and just was thinking about the last thing they saw a cop do. TV will rott their brain for sure.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Under normal circumstances, a 5-yr-old is a tad too young to be "questioning authority". :rolleyes:

Shitty parents who had shitty parents.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    AS bad as this might sound my 5 year old for some weard reasson picked up from TV (cops-shows) that the cop ALWAYS shoots the guy riding the bicycle, so every time he sees somebody on one he does the L shape with his hand and does POW. I asked him the other day what he was doing ?????????, his response was the BG always rides the bike daddy

SMart kid hahahahaha

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I surely wouldn't put too much into it.

As far as kids know ONLY Cops are allowed to kill/harm bad people. As a 5 year old, it's perfectly logical to also understand that they don't want to DIE.

So when they see a Cop they can conclude that Cops kill people, and they don't want to be killed therefore they don't want to be killed by a cop.

Hell BBQLS1 said it best;
    I don't want a cop killing me either.

Now that’s a perfectly understandable statement.

It's just that simple.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    To Question authority is not a problem.
    to defy authority is.

Parents will also coach children to perform other behaviors which can be documented.
    Then they bring their baby to the SSI office and get a check because jr has ADD, ODD, or is just a DUMB ASS. Totally caused by thier parents Genetics and Parenting.

Or

SOmetime parents tell small children silly things like.
    "You better keep you seat belt on or that cop will stop us and take me to jail."

?????

Need more info and a context
    My 9 year old does not need to be questioning authority. He knows what it is right and wrong so if a strange authority figure (adult) asks him to get in the car because daddy asked me to pick you up, yeah, he will question that. Other than those types of situations he is too young to question and needs to do as he is told.

Top Bottom