Community Policing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Joel, all of the books that I've seen were written by the Feds & are highly unreadable. Ask any of the LEOs here & I'm sure that you'll hear the same thing: "Touchy, feely enforcement of the law accomplishes very little". Sure the citizenry gets a warm, fuzzy feeling, but when it comes down to it they won't come forward as witnesses (which we must have under most circumstances).

Shannon

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    :doh:

Im not asking whether or not its a good theory. I just want to read up on it. I have two oral boards coming up in the next month or so. ;)

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Just do like they did here..........

1.) Parade a couple of patrolmen in front of the neighborhood watch meeting and promise the attendants a bunch of feel good B.S. that you think they would like to hear.................

2.) Then never show up again in their neighborhood..............

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4sooth

enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Typical of the public--come solve our problems--then get lost until we need you again. And oh--by the way--don't write tickets to our kids or anyone in this neighborhood(actual statement I heard from homeowners association)! They were complaining about the running of stop signs and wanted something done--president of the homeowners got the first ticket!!! That prompted the previous remark.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Typical of the public--come solve our problems--then get lost until we need you again. And oh--by the way--don't write tickets to our kids or anyone in this neighborhood(actual statement I heard from homeowners association)! They were complaining about the running of stop signs and wanted something done--president of the homeowners got the first ticket!!! That prompted the previous remark.

We've seen situations like this happen time-and-time-again.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Community Policing CAN have a positive effect.

You damned near have to blanket the area with cops on foot to do so.

The whole idea, as has been said, is probably some liberal feel-good type of crap.

The notion is once air conditioning became standard in police cars, the windows went up and there was no longer any on-the-street communications with the community.

Problem with it is that those same officers you put out there on foot to blanket said community come to be resented by the very residents who begged you to put them there in the first place!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the biggest effect I'm seen from Community Policing thus far is now all the neighborhood chilren' will practically lay down in the street in front of my unit to ask me if I have stickers, candy, bracelets, or keychains. It's like I'm the freaking ghetto ice cream man except he probably has more guns and better weed.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    the biggest effect I'm seen from Community Policing thus far is now all the neighborhood chilren' will practically lay down in the street in front of my unit to ask me if I have stickers, candy, bracelets, or keychains. It's like I'm the freaking ghetto ice cream man except he probably has more guns and better weed.

so you admin that you do have some weed :mamoru:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Well now that I know you carry candy...........

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    I lived in a city in Texas that implemented community policing. One aspect was bike patrol in residential neighborhoods. Great idea, right? Well the bike patrol also carried portable radar units and would write citations to all of the friendly residents of the neighborhoods they were supposed to get to know. I guess that was a way to introduce themselves to the citizens. I have to admit it was great cover. Who thinks a guy on bike is shooting radar?

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I lived in a city in Texas that implemented community policing. One aspect was bike patrol in residential neighborhoods. Great idea, right? Well the bike patrol also carried portable radar units and would write citations to all of the friendly residents of the neighborhoods they were supposed to get to know. I guess that was a way to introduce themselves to the citizens. I have to admit it was great cover. Who thinks a guy on bike is shooting radar?

Did they stop any crime or catch any criminals or just collect revenue??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

504BigNasty

Looter Assassin
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    NOLA-Bywater

Sneaky bastards!!!

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    Sneaky Bastards, yes. People would wave back at them and then realize he was indicating for them to pull over. My friends wife however didnt realize, she waved back and went on home. A few minutes later a couple of very sweaty LEOs knocked on the door and wrote her for 25 in a 20 and said she had fled. I dont think she knew what that meant. BTW I am not LEO bashing. A childhood friend of mine was an officer in this city. He refused to do this. This was a low crime city with a good PD. Their initial community policing policy was misdirected and it did change.

Top Bottom