Complaints on New Entergy Meters.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Whatever makes you feel better .

https://www.nola.com/news/business/article_6eac45a1-7386-5c14-bc20-c6ad5d2bc8b7.html

Someone's always selling your "policy" to the guy with the most money. FWIW -We kept our analog meter and they didn't make it easy. We submitted the proper paperwork, they called and pressured us to reconsider the smart meter and I finally had to get ick'nunt wth them on the phone after they put the card on the door telling us what day it would be replaced.

Our analog metered usage on this month's bill is exactly double from this same time period last year 330kWh to 700kWh. Nothing at all has changed in our 900sq' cottage. And today we got the "we adjusted your bill, adding another $100 to compensate us for bad weather and bad luck" invoice.

They do exactly what they want to do and there's not a damned thing we can do ...unless we can purchase some policy of our own over at the PSC -ha!

Last edited:

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    I have had a digital meter for over 10 years. They recently put in the new meter that can be read from the street. No change in my monthly bill. I live alone in a 1500 sq ft house and usually the only lights on are in the room I am in. I work at home so AC is always on. When I bought my house 25 years ago it only had window units. Bill averaged $150 - $200 then. I had central AC installed and paid extra to get the highest seer rating available. My bill dropped to $120/month year round using averaged billing with the new AC. When I went through my house and changed every lightbulb to LED my bill went down $10 per month.

The old analog meters were mechanical. Due to wear, they can slow down over time. They never speed up. Keep in mind that your gas bill is read by another meter and the costs are combined in your bill. BTW I am a lifelong electrician.

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess I'm one of the few that really likes the new meters.

Much easier to read. And I love the fact that I can monitor my usage on a much more granular level now. And, some guy doesn't need to wander into my backyard to take a reading.

And if it more accurately meters my power consumption, that's fine with me. I don't want to consume power that I'm not paying for.

Mike

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    well, they put my new meter in about 2 months ago. Looking at my bills, I do see an increased usage over last year.

Dec 2019 - Avg. KW/Day 26.6
    Dec 2020 - Avg. KW/Day 34.9

Jan 2020 - Avg. KW/Day 22.7
    Jan 2021 - Avg. KW/Day 31.1

Is this because we were a little warmer and I ran the AC a bit more? I don't know. My bill is $108 for Dec and $105 for Jan. So yeah I think the new meters may be "spinnin' a little faster" than the old ones.

BUT, in the grand scheme of things, if you think you can generate and supply electricity to your house for a lower cost go ahead and try, my Neighbor with his whole house NG generator saw how expensive it is to run his "long term" compared to what his Entergy bill was.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    well, they put my new meter in about 2 months ago. Looking at my bills, I do see an increased usage over last year.

Dec 2019 - Avg. KW/Day 26.6
    Dec 2020 - Avg. KW/Day 34.9

Jan 2020 - Avg. KW/Day 22.7
    Jan 2021 - Avg. KW/Day 31.1

Is this because we were a little warmer and I ran the AC a bit more? I don't know. My bill is $108 for Dec and $105 for Jan. So yeah I think the new meters may be "spinnin' a little faster" than the old ones.

BUT, in the grand scheme of things, if you think you can generate and supply electricity to your house for a lower cost go ahead and try, my Neighbor with his whole house NG generator saw how expensive it is to run his "long term" compared to what his Entergy bill was.

Old people used to put a large magnet on their meter box to slow it down, It would get pulled a few days before the meter dude came to read it.

Another reason not to fool with old people...lol

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    We'll see next month - I put a bunch of these inline with the meter.......:rofl::rofl:

powerresistor3.jpg

Kidding - don't do this!!!!!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I've also asked the Russians/Chinese to hack my meter!!! I'll wait.......

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    We had one installed and our bill was actually down around 20%. If it stays like that I might be their only advocate LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Our Slemco bill was sky high. Like 60% higher than the previous. Called with current meter readings and other info. Was told I was wrong and we just used that much. I'm not an idiot about such things. It's a bit irritating.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yep saw my bill yesterday, it went $202.00 to $383.00. I call BS on this, going to call the commie scums and bitch about it!

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I have to wonder if they changed the billing practice to charge more during peak usage times since the new meters have the ability to record the hour of usage. I have family in Texas that have this type of billing and they will only run the clothes dryer after 10PM at night due to peak usage billing.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I have to wonder if they changed the billing practice to charge more during peak usage times since the new meters have the ability to record the hour of usage. I have family in Texas that have this type of billing and they will only run the clothes dryer after 10PM at night due to peak usage billing.

I don't think Entergy does that kind of billing for residential customers . I'm going to check on that .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom