Conceal carry rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I saw this video earlier and made me wonder about conceal carrying a rifle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amJ4d3cEjI
    Several years ago I called LA state police concealed carry division to ask about carrying a rifle concealed in a backpack and was told that my concealed HANDGUN permit did not allow me to carry a rifle concealed. So what about a pack like in the video? Maybe its been discussed before but I couldn't find it in a search.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    IANAL

If you are just discretely transporting your unloaded rifle, I don't see where there would be a problem.

If you are conceal carrying you loaded rifle around town, that's a differently story. It shouldn't be, but it is. As the State Police said, your CHP is a Concealed HANDGUN Permit.

Constitutional carry would remedy this.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I really wouldn't call that case 'covert'. If you were walking though the mall with it, I'd be wondering if a gunsmith was located in the mall, or if you were going to duct tape some ceramic plates to your back and climb concrete walls. (Gecko45 reference for those of y'all too young to remember when Al Gore invented the interwebs)

That video really didn't impress me at all.

First of all we always tell women folk not to carry in their purse, but on their person. What's different here?

I only watched the first bit of the video, but access to the rifle was hideously slow and clumsy. Dude would be laughed at, then shot before he could produce that weapon.

All this said, . . . A rifle is a much better option than any pistol in a fight. If you are knowingly going towards danger, and can't turn the other way, then a rifle is what you should be carrying.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    5-9 seconds to rounds on target under no stress by a "pro". Looks like a great way to go. yes this is sarcasm. I wouldn't be caught dead with one of thoes. Oh wait that's just how I would wind up it thing went sideways while my weapon was 8 seconds late to the fight.

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I agree it would be pretty dumb to carry a rifle in that for personal protection, or for any reason at all, ha ha. I just thought it was odd that it seemed like that was part of the role the video man had in mind for that case/rifle holster?, since I didn't think that would be legal. I guess the few states that don't have conceal carry laws this would be legal?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I may or may not know someone who carries a SBR on a daily basis. Not always on him self, but usually very close. Carry a pistol on you as always as a primary go to weapon; but a long gun handy, "just in case", is a good idea. But not in a gun bag like in the video.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'd see the use if the world was ending, and you wanted to (sorta) discreetly have a SBR or a folder or something with you all the time. Pistol first, find cover and take out rifle. But there's no point in this otherwise. Plus, not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Louisiana even with a CHP.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is nothing "Covert" about that bag.
    Concealed Carry of a loaded rifle in Louisiana? LOL.... No.

That's just another rifle case that doesn't have 1,000ft of PALS webbing.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    long black trenchcoat with a sbr, maybe.... I can think of a few times in a few neighborhoods where that would have been reassuring. :)

More seriously, think about having to walk out of N.O. after Katrina, or across Fergueson or Los Angeles during the riots. A compact long gun would be appreciated. Then again it might make you a target.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Here ya go. I like mine better.

rim4qlvr7djni0ztpj18.jpg

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I can see the need if you CC a shotgun that you use to take down some "killing machine" while protecting an important woman.
    "Come with me if you want to live!"

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Step One- Buy this:
    mrn0fezmv1yu4ar5ri3.jpg

Step Two - Unfold chair and leave it on your patio or throw it in the back of your
    truck for celebratory tailgate party.

Step Three - Place rifle in chair bag and go to the nearest mall.
    c1ne83vp02cr7ezxg061.jpg

Step Four - Hunt down terrorists and foil plot with rifle in chair bag.
    You don't even have to take it out of the bag to shoot it. Just shoot through it, from the hip even!!!!
    3js3yrnyt118s8bzj4y.jpg

Step Five - Locate the sexy slut that works at the GAP and save her from other Terrorists.
    Make sweet, sweet, passionate hate to her in one of the dressing rooms.
    0mwyw2llg9ijkvaoq9cs.jpg

Step Six - Throw celebratory tailgate party in the mall parking lot.
    Be a gentleman and invite GAP chick. Let her sit in chair in bed of
    truck in between trips fetching you and your friends beers.
    ip8gxovf9yvvj596et8e.jpg

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I saw this video earlier and made me wonder about conceal carrying a rifle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amJ4d3cEjI
    Several years ago I called LA state police concealed carry division to ask about carrying a rifle concealed in a backpack and was told that my concealed HANDGUN permit did not allow me to carry a rifle concealed. So what about a pack like in the video? Maybe its been discussed before but I couldn't find it in a search.

Yep that's pretty much why they call it a Concealed HANDGUN Permit

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Verm, I only see one flaw in your plan- how do I aim when my laser sight doesn't go through the chair bag?

Oh wait, you don't aim when you're shooting from the hip. You don't even need to! I learned that from Die Hard.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Verm, I only see one flaw in your plan- how do I aim when my laser sight doesn't go through the chair bag?

Oh wait, you don't aim when you're shooting from the hip. You don't even need to! I learned that from Die Hard.

After the third or fourth shot, the bag will catch fire and you can use the whole setup as an anti terrorist flaming war club until it goes out. By then you will have defeated all the terrorist in CQB range, the bag will be gone and you can now use your laser sight to "snipe" the remaining medium and long range tangos. Yippee-Ki-Yay MF!!!!!

Top Bottom