Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'll take an untrained person shooting at bad guys vs no one shooting at bad guys, or waiting 15mins for cops, any day.

I band aided someone today and they were surprised that I carry a first aid kit and some medical gear. I told her that I work with the public and never know what could happen. She said she's going to start carrying a first aid kit in her car.

When people are bleeding they don't really care if you're the best option, they just want to stop bleeding...same
    thing with the guns.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'll take an untrained person shooting at bad guys vs no one shooting at bad guys, or waiting 15mins for cops, any day.

I band aided someone today and they were surprised that I carry a first aid kit and some medical gear. I told her that I work with the public and never know what could happen. She said she's going to start carrying a first aid kit in her car.

When people are bleeding they don't really care if you're the best option, they just want to stop bleeding...same
    thing with the guns.
    I agree.... but this is one of those "yes, but" situations.

Yes, a good guy with a gun attempting to defend themself from a bad guy is better than solely relying on professional assistance, but training is really important.

I've seen statistics that show that trained LEOs miss about 65% of the shots they take. LEOs have qualified immunity. Missing isn't as big as a deal as it is to a John Doe concealed carrying.

You are responsible for every round that leaves your gun. You also are responsible for retaining your firearm and keeping a bad guy from taking it.

Go to a public firearm range and watch people shoot. The sample of folks there are people "who shoot." Many of them are missing human-sized targets at 5 yards. Most have no precision or accuracy at 5 yards. Add in adrenaline and the fact that most adults are fat and out of shape, and they will be more or less useless with a firearm in an actual case where they have to defend themselves.

While I don't think training should be mandated, I think there should be a push to educate people on the importance of it. Also, they should eat less and workout more. Baby steps.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

thing with the guns.
    Was she good looking?

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

thing with the guns.
    I totally agree with you. I know the vast majority of the public has a double-digit IQ, which is why our elected officials treat us the way they do, but they will obviously know which end of the barrel the bullet comes from, if they don't they'll quickly figure it out.

I don't want to be held back because most people are stupid, and I don't need a permit with my picture on it to have self-esteem and make me feel more special than everyone else. In fact, I much prefer anonymity.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I agree.... but this is one of those "yes, but" situations.

Yes, a good guy with a gun attempting to defend themself from a bad guy is better than solely relying on professional assistance, but training is really important.

I've seen statistics that show that trained LEOs miss about 65% of the shots they take. LEOs have qualified immunity. Missing isn't as big as a deal as it is to a John Doe concealed carrying.

You are responsible for every round that leaves your gun. You also are responsible for retaining your firearm and keeping a bad guy from taking it.

Go to a public firearm range and watch people shoot. The sample of folks there are people "who shoot." Many of them are missing human-sized targets at 5 yards. Most have no precision or accuracy at 5 yards. Add in adrenaline and the fact that most adults are fat and out of shape, and they will be more or less useless with a firearm in an actual case where they have to defend themselves.

While I don't think training should be mandated, I think there should be a push to educate people on the importance of it. Also, they should eat less and workout more. Baby steps.
    Completely agree with all of your points.

My thought is (and I could be wrong here) that this will make a criminal think twice about about attacking a potential victim, seeing as the likelihood that a potential victim is armed will only increase with the passage of this legislation.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My thought is (and I could be wrong here) that this will make a criminal think twice about about attacking a potential victim, seeing as the likelihood that a potential victim is armed will only increase with the passage of this legislation.
    I'm all for it. If even one criminal is stopped or just doesn't do criminal things because of someone else having a concealed gun that they couldn't have before, it's a win for society.

I still think we should strongly urge friends, family, and anyone we know who owns firearms to take classes, eat healthy, be fit, and to not be a victim.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I'm all for it. If even one criminal is stopped or just doesn't do criminal things because of someone else having a concealed gun that they couldn't have before, it's a win for society.

I still think we should strongly urge friends, family, and anyone we know who owns firearms to take classes, eat healthy, be fit, and to not be a victim.
    Agreed

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    The same old tired platitudes against Constitutional Carry.

These arguments that refuse to understand the vast difference between a Constitutional Right, and a privilege; are tiring. It makes you look stupid when you ignore the difference.
    Yeah watching some of them speak, especially the Dem Reps, was painful. Whilst I myself am a libertarian, I believe constituents of any party are entitled to better representation than what they received today.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah watching some of them speak, especially the Dem Reps, was painful. Whilst I myself am a libertarian, I believe constituents of any party are entitled to better representation than what they received today.
    Are you attending in person or is there some sort of stream or log of minutes?

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Are you attending in person or is there some sort of stream or log of minutes?
    I stumbled into it actually. It was a live stream on YouTube. I searched "constitutional carry louisiana" and set the filter for posts for today just hoping I'd catch a new news segment where I could rile up the anti gunners in the comments (because I woke up in a mood lol) and it was the only thing that popped up. Here's the link for it

Last edited:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    In his wrap up at the 1 hour 41 minute mark, Miguez notes the change in the effective date (from 19 April to 4 July )to allow some "clean up" to take place in the regular session.

Buckle up.

Top Bottom