Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    CCW = Concealed Carry Weapon
    CHP = Concealed Handgun Permit
    The change in law does not impact your ability to get either. You won't need a CHP to carry concealed, but having one will allow you co carry concealed within 1000ft of schools.
    Thanks for your reply!

And thanks for the correction, yes, I was referring to my CHP.

I'll keep renewing...

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    What sucked most about the CHP course was the mandatory fingerprinting, the mandatory photos, and the mandatory overkill on one's personal information along with paying for those things. Now that is all moot! However, I will attest, that though some of the course instruction was interesting and good knowledge, it is now unnecessary. But basic safety training is never out of fashion.
    Totally agree. I'm hopeful the CHP will stay relevant and useful but please do something to make it streamlined. Repeating all of the bullcrap every time for a renewal is very frustrating. No different than the NFA bullcrap.

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    I think you'll be eating it sooner than we thought. Hell, I'll help you eat it. It'll be worth it to be free to exercise one more God given right without government interference.

I like this guy... He's all about law and order and that's what society needs to prosper.
    So are you going to help him eat the crow now.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    On a negative side will probably see a rise in establishments with no firearm sign being some store owners probably feel if you didn’t take the course and have a permit you shouldn’t carry so we restrict carry….or because if new people improperly carrying and not acting correctly, but Concealed is concealed. lol

Can a private establishment prohibit firearms?

I have seen signs in MS (Constitutional Carry state) that only restricts carry in an establishment without CHP.

Didn’t think that signage in LA was binding and a criminal offense. But wondering if we may see signage similar to what I saw in MS once Constitutional Carry takes effect in LA
    The new law is to allow concealed carry, right? It should not be a problem if it is concealed and no one can see it (hence the word 'concealed')-what they don't know won't hurt them.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Very happy to see this get farther down the road than it ever has, but I am still going to keep my crow frozen until after the bills effective date of 4 July.

la regular session.JPG

That is a huge window of opportunity for shenanigans!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    To keep your CHP, yes.

There are perks that will come with the CHP that those without it will not have. Examples are:
    Being able to carry in states that honor LA permits, carrying within 1000 ft of a school, and skipping a background check when buying a new firearm.

There is also another bill that will likely pass that will give something akin to qualified immunity to those with a CHP.
    Won't you still need a CHP to carrying a restaurant that serves booze? And what about the BAC of a person CC is there a limit on a non CHP person

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    How do most folks here feel about the minimum age of 18 to conceal carry?
    Rights > feelings sums up my thoughts.

As for carry insurance, make sure yours covers you in areas that don't allow guns if you do intend to carry there. Some do not.

I think some carry insurance requires the person to have a CHP. Which if that's the case, I'll keep mine up to date.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    May be wrong here though I remember reading through the Mississippi law and its for Ms residents like many other states have worded for state residents.

Top Bottom