Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    An exemption to the permit-less carry bill will create a gun free zone in New Orleans

Note: I’m posting this to share information, not because I agree with it.
    It won't pass. It's just another pathetic Democrat shaking the can for campaign contributions from Bloomberg's Nobody's Town and trying to look busy. If you're s lazy Democrat, then submiting Anti-Gun legislation is the way. It's like the kid in science class who does the electro magnet project EVERY YEAR!

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    There was a time when no law prohibiting a child from carrying a firearm to school was necessary, and didn't exist.
    People had something called, 'Common Sense'. It's rare today, but still exists in remote corners of the country.

As a Ute, Officer Friendly would visit our kindergarten class and teach us gun safety.
    In Elementary school we could take a class to learn to shoot single shot .22 rifles.

I got my first Daisy BB gun when I was 7. I got my first shotgun and .22 rifle when I was 9.

I used to ride my Western Flyer to the woods with that rifle over my handlebars, in Algiers, New Orleans when I was less than 10 years old. Killed many a rabbit in those woods.

I refinished all of the stocks on my gun at Karr Junior High School in shop class. Yes, I brought guns to school and nobody got bent out of shape.

Alas, These days we kowtow to the least abled in our society , and that costs us precious freedom. In exchange, we get the illusion of security.
    Those were the days! Ah, you bring back fond memories when the sight of a Ute riding a bike with a semi-auto Rem 11-48 heading for fields around the Cotton Belt RR switching yards didn't push someone's panic button.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    So if this passes, will NOLA be more or less gun free? Silly.
    Not exactly, it would be the Downtown and French Quarter areas. Those of us who prefer to go Uptown, Mid-City, or Gentilly/Lakefront areas for example would be unaffected. New Orleans East would also be left out of this, but nobody wants to visit there anyway.
    They would still only wind up arresting actual criminals because they do stupid things to catch the attention of LE. I have never been stopped by LE for CC, but I'm not a criminal.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Many years ago, a source that I respected, but can't remember which one, accurately described the attitude of newly elected government officials "... now it's MY turn at the trough..."
    Could it have been Jim Bernazzani? He was FBI SAC in New Orleans around 2005. He was a standup guy. I had a lot of respect for him.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They tried to stick it into SB1 but failed. So I guess it won't pass.
    The Demorats will try to amend it in the next session so they can get donations from Field Marshall Von Bloomberg:s Nobody's Town. It won't pass and Laundry wouldn't sign it anyway.

This effort will erode after crime in New Orleans continues to drop. The NOPD taskforces quietly resumed last year and many of the car jack thugs are off the street.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    1709697338640.gif

Top Bottom