Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Same arguments we saw here for the most part. What sets us apart from the others is NOLA claiming its uniqueness gives them justification to restrict the rights of citizens. I followed Texas pretty closely because I'm from Houston originally and it was mostly chiefs from big democrat cities making the biggest ruckus.
    Hmmm. I find it worrisome when a Chief of Sheriff or Government has a problem with law abiding citizens being armed.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yes, Dr. Marvin, baby steps! I dunno HOW people miss at 5 yards, but they do. I even did it a coupla times shooting for my CHP. YIKES!
    Shooting is a learned skill like any other skill. The other thing is that there is a major misnomer with the motto "practice makes perfect." Practice just reinforces behavior. For most people at the range, they are practicing and reinforcing incorrect things and then are getting more consistent at bad skills.

It's kind of like when you take a (modern) TaeKwonDo blackbelt and put them in a ring with a boxer - they blackbelt quickly figures out that all of the things they have practiced over the years are basically meaningless in a real fight.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Again, this thread leads me back to the same question I have been asking for years; what is the "real" reason that mostly black democrats are against this? I know democrats as a party of sheep must tow the line the herders tell them to and be against anything liberty and gun related, and I can speculate what I believe it is, but this just makes no sense. How does a black politician or a black policeman really think this law will adversely affect them over white, brown, yellow, or red people?

The only thing I can think is they don't trust members of their own race to be smart enough to handle a "Constitutional Right!"

That's basically what they are saying, without actually saying it!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Again, this thread leads me back to the same question I have been asking for years; what is the "real" reason that mostly black democrats are against this? I know democrats as a party of sheep must tow the line the herders tell them to and be against anything liberty and gun related, and I can speculate what I believe it is, but this just makes no sense. How does a black politician or a black policeman really think this law will adversely affect them over white, brown, yellow, or red people?

The only thing I can think is they don't trust members of their own race to be smart enough to handle a "Constitutional Right!"

Who says that mostly black democrats are against this? I must have missed that poll.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Living in NOLA, I get the impression that it is the leaders of the 'Community' who oppose this, in general, but not exclusively. My white sheriff doesn't trust us citizens with guns either.

I think the fact they are democratic leaders, and therefore don't want people to have the power, is closer to what's causing them to disagree with the law. I don't believe they "don't trust members of their own race to be smart enough to handle a 'Constitutional Right!'" I believe they just don't trust the people in general. Or rather, they do trust that the people will stand up for themselves and they don't want the people to do that.

tl;dr: I think it's a power thing and not a race thing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who says that mostly black democrats are against this? I must have missed that poll.
    For the last two Sessions involving Constitutional Carry, only black democrats testified against it in the Committees, and only black democrats spoke out against it in the media. I get it! It may not be exclusive to black democrats, but it sure as hell looked like it; or they were being sent out there to be the lap dogs!

One of their unified arguments against Constitutional Carry is how this law would hurt poor black citizens. Heard it over and over!Okay then, tell me how? Answer; <Insert cricket chirp here!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think the fact they are democratic leaders, and therefore don't want people to have the power, is closer to what's causing them to disagree with the law. I don't believe they "don't trust members of their own race to be smart enough to handle a 'Constitutional Right!'" I believe they just don't trust the people in general. Or rather, they do trust that the people will stand up for themselves and they don't want the people to do that.

tl;dr: I think it's a power thing and not a race thing.
    I completely agree on the power play to for the most part, but they made it a race thing!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

Dumb people often do not know that they are dumb; rather, they project themselves upon all of society.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

One of my black friends, whom I introduced to the 2nd Amendment years ago, explained to me that gun ownership is stigmatized among the lawful parts of the black community due to the previous existence of Jim Crow era gun control laws that made it unlawful for "persons of color" to own or possess firearms. The punishments were harsh and included lynchings. This fear is further promoted by the appearance on the surface that most people arrested for firearms are black.
    All of this promotes the narrative that gun control has always been about criminalizing and subjugating the black community. It is well known that the 1968 CGA was passed at a time when black protesters were carrying firearms for protection while the KKK carried them to commit murder which was not cited as a problem at the time. The GCA allowed government to put black protesters in jail for exercising 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. A violent offense did not have to be committed.
    What I just stated above is the only part of the WOKE belief system that I agree with. Many people who consider themselves WOKE are unaware of the WOKE Anti-Gun Control stance.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One of my black friends, whom I introduced to the 2nd Amendment years ago, explained to me that gun ownership is stigmatized among the lawful parts of the black community due to the previous existence of Jim Crow era gun control laws that made it unlawful for "persons of color" to own or possess firearms. The punishments were harsh and included lynchings. This fear is further promoted by the appearance on the surface that most people arrested for firearms are black.
    All of this promotes the narrative that gun control has always been about criminalizing and subjugating the black community. It is well known that the 1968 CGA was passed at a time when black protesters were carrying firearms for protection while the KKK carried them to commit murder which was not cited as a problem at the time. The GCA allowed government to put black protesters in jail for exercising 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. A violent offense did not have to be committed.
    What I just stated above is the only part of the WOKE belief system that I agree with. Many people who consider themselves WOKE are unaware of the WOKE Anti-Gun Control stance.

I'm sorry but I have difficulty with all that. They don't do something now because of laws that haven't been around for 60 to 150 years? Do those same people try to not leave their homes in fear of being re-enslaved?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm sorry but I have difficulty with all that. They don't do something now because of laws that haven't been around for 60 to 150 years? Do those same people try to not leave their homes in fear of being re-enslaved?

So Do I.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, if his argument was true, seems like that would make people WANT to reclaim their constitutional rights that had been illegally taken from them.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah, if his argument was true, seems like that would make people WANT to reclaim their constitutional rights that had been illegally taken from them.
    Many of them have done exactly that. My friends in the black community hate the Anti-Gun stigma that they get from their mom's and grandmas who think they are up to "no good" because they are collecting and going to the range.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It's not hard to understand when you compare it to traditions that have been passed down for generations in your family.
    Laundry day Monday has changed, but we still eat red beans and rice at restaurants on Monday. Does that really make sense when we can eat it on other days?
    Guns and military service have been tradition on my Father's side of the family for four generations(I am the 4th.) The first generation joined the Army for citizenship and joined the NRA afterwards to teach civilians how to shoot. I didn't join the Marines for citizenship or the NRA to teach civilians marksmanship, but both were traditions for my family.
    It was during middle school when felt it strange that most of my classmates were not into guns or planning on military service. It also felt strange that I was the only student in that school who was a Cadet in Civil Air Patrol(CAP) on the weekends at the Lakefront Airport.
    It's helps to understand that traditions and culture differ from family to family.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Do those same people try to not leave their homes in fear of being re-enslaved?
    My friends in the back community believe that slavery simply changed form and the Democrats are practicing a new form of slavery today. Don't be self reliant, don't own guns, depend on government, and vote Democrat. Allowing government to control you is a form of slavery. You do what they want with no compensation for it and voting for Democrats is the only Constitutional right you exercise. That's a form of slavery!
    One of my friends told me two weeks ago that he's voting for Trump and his Mom is not happy about it. It takes time to break away from bad cultural traditions, but it's happening.

electronicwiz

Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Brusly
    Did y'all hear about SB214? It would allow permitless constitutional carry in restaurants. I think they vote on it this Monday.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    baby steps... eventually it will be the same as having a chp... they just had to do it little steps at a time.. easier for the sheep-people to swallow

First veterans only
    Second law abiding citizens
    Third equal carry rights as chp holders
    Next equal protection as chp holders :hi5:

Last edited:

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't think it's that. I think it's a combination of the opioid epidemic, crackdowns and arrests, profiling, resulting distrust of law enforcement, preponderance of felons and a general association of guns with gangbangers. The opioid epidemic wasn't all that long ago, an extremely large percentage of the black community was involved in or directly affected by it. Lots of black people have personally dealt with law enforcement arrests and profiling resulting from it. Plenty have been in prison. Plenty have felonies. Something like 23% of black adults and 33% of black male adults are felons. It's long in the past at this point and most are no longer under any form of correctional supervision for 10+ years, they have families and pay their taxes and live normal lives. But there's no restoration of rights without a pardon and most of them don't want to draw that kind of attention, so there is no firearm ownership, real firearm community or positive association with firearms in general. One of my neighbors is a felon from that time, and hasn't had any interaction with law enforcement in 15+ years, but he can't own a firearm, he and his wife don't like firearms and any kind of law expanding gun rights wouldn't apply to him, so why would he support it?

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    when stopped, the cops always ask if u got a weapon on you or in the car so nothing changes.
    What are the new laws on this? For CCW we have an obligation to notify the officer we're carrying, so I'm assuming there is some provision in the bill that anyone conceal carrying without a license also has a duty to report? (haven't read it yet myself)

Top Bottom