Constitutional carry for Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    I would not mind if it passed, but I think the CHP process should be streamlined. Just get rid of the fingerprints and have the shop or range who conducts the class do the instant check and issue the permit at the end of the class. Wham, bam, thank you mam!
    The State would save money and still collect the fees.

I think you're on the right track; if I were Governor I would sign it, but I still don't think open carry is, in most situations, is a good idea for our side. It scares a lot of people, and we need all the 2A supporters we can get. Plus, it can make you a target for bad guys who see you flaunting a gun.

I've been through the initial CHP class and three renewals. The shooting part of the class is a joke. All you have to do is be on-paper. I've seen people in there who couldn't hit a bull's ass with a banjo and still pass. If you own a gun you should have to know how to use it safely and effectively.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    That's great. We need a school based curriculum that teaches gun safety and creates a foundation of responsible gun ownership and it needs to be applied in all schools.
    Back in the early 90's when I was in high school just about every guy had a gun or two in their gun racks in the school parking lot. Most of us also carried pocket knives in class. We had zero school shootings and zero stabbing incidents. We took hunter safety and were very knowledgeable and safe with our firearms. We had school fights and the like, but no one was shot or stabbed ever. This wasn't unique to our school, all of the schools were like this and none of them had any shootings or stabbings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom