Constitutional carry in LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Anyone know the status of potentially getting constitutional carry in Louisiana?
    We have to wait for the next session of our heroic state legislature to find out. Those brave men, women, and whatever else stood up to the NRA and "protected" us from men who dress like girls.
    Special thanks for "protecting" my nieces and nephews from people who have no presence in their schools whatsoever!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    On page 16 of the NRA's October 2023 American Rifleman magazine is the endorsement of Jeff Landry by the NRA in which it states; "he (Landry), supports NRA backed Constitutional carry."

I also remember reading a passage from Landry, who when asked about Constitutional carry if he were to become Governor of Louisiana, said: "When I get there, we're going to get that (Constitutional carry), done!"

Now, since Landry is the leading candidate, unless he gets over 51% in the primary, he will be in a runoff with Shawn Wilson, the only democrat in the race. Wilson will get the majority black vote strictly because he is black and because he is a democrat. Shawn Wilson seems to be a smart guy, and he probably would be an okay governor. But I am not voting for a democrat who will NOT pass Constitutional carry. In fact, even though Landry may have some ghosts in his closet, or may be kind of a vengeful a-hole as a politician, he has the best, if not the only chance to put a republican in the mansion. Republicans are garbage too, but nothing pro 2A is going to happen if another democrat gets in there.

There's your answer!

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Do not believe a single word that they say about how they support and want constitutional carry to pass and become law...... Or how they promise that this will be one of their 1st areas of action when elected...They can promise all that they want but with all of the others (legislators) not supporting it will not become a official law......

Last edited:

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Sid Gautreaux pushed hard against Constitutional/Permitless Carry. He's also a Democrat, with an R, and was one for his whole life...until 2011 when it became politically advantageous for him to be a Republicant.

Jeffry Sanford is a better choice for EBR Sheriff.

I do not know of a good choice for Governor. Landry seems to be the epitome of a Louisiana 'Good ol boy', which I'll pass on...I have a neighborhood full of Demoncrats just like him. We need fewer authoritarians and more Libertarians.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Sid Gautreaux pushed hard against Constitutional/Permitless Carry. He's also a Democrat, with an R, and was one for his whole life...until 2011 when it became politically advantageous for him to be a Republicant.

Jeffry Sanford is a better choice for EBR Sheriff.

I do not know of a good choice for Governor. Landry seems to be the epitome of a Louisiana 'Good ol boy', which I'll pass on...I have a neighborhood full of Demoncrats just like him. We need fewer authoritarians and more Libertarians.
    A Breitbart article says landry going to pass constitutional carry. We shall see what restrictions they throw into the bill knowing landry will sign it. We 100% need to make sure wilson does not get in. He must not get 51% in the first round.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Landry told me (to my face at a fundraiser) that he promised Louisiana that he will get Constitutional Carry passed, and that he thinks we look silly being the only state in the deep south that hasn't already gotten this done. But he wasn't surprised since we've had a dumbocrat governor for so long. He said he will 100% keep his promise to the law abiding citizens of Louisiana. Take that info for what you will. Now, I don't think Landry is the best option for governor of our great state... But, I do think he's going to win.

Top Bottom