Cooking with Todd ............

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Today, I am making Chile. Its my Chile. There is no other like it.........
    This is simple and can be made larger or smaller depending on what you want. Also has room to be fitted to your tastes.
    I love real Mexican food. I grew up on it so I tend to cook all kinds of it.
    NOTE; This is not Tex-mex, do NOT bring that crap into my thread ! lol

Here is where/ what we start with. 1lb or so of Pork, two large Problano chile's, cillantro, two large onions, can of stewed tomatoes ( I use cherrys) and a lime

First cut the meat into cubes then put some olive oil in a skillit and heat it up. Drop the meat in but not too much, we want to brown the meat. Too much and it will end up with too much liquid.
    When its browned dump it all into a big pot

Next chop all the chile's ,onions and cillantro and throw them in a HOT skillit. Keep them in there until they start to turn clear. Dump them into the pot now too.

NOTE; at this time pour a pakage of your favorite chile seasoning in the pot. Do not add water to it. The jucies from the tomatoe's that you are now dumping in the pot will be more that enough

I also did my chiles seprate from the other stuff as they take longer

Now with everything in the pot it should look something like this

Mix it all up, put it on simmer and let it go for a few hrs and it will be done. I add a little sea salt to it twords the end. You can serve it over rice or eat it just like that.
    Normally I also put a couple of Serrano pepers or a Habanarro in it but my wife don't do the hot stuff well.

NOTE; Habanerros have great flavor. But the longer this sits with them in it the hotter it will get

Enjoy !

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Hey Todd, that looks like the REAL thing! I lived in New Mexico for a few years and experienced real Mexican and New Mexican style cooking. Once you've had it you'll never want to go back....back to the Tex-Mex crap. Folks I know just rave about the Mexican restaurants in our area....puuuhhleeease, I just can't take it, so I cook my own. My wife flips over my green chile enchiladas made with fresh roasted Anaheims and soon she will be sampling your chili recipe. Ole

Rick

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Hey Todd, that looks like the REAL thing! I lived in New Mexico for a few years and experienced real Mexican and New Mexican style cooking. Once you've had it you'll never want to go back....back to the Tex-Mex crap. Folks I know just rave about the Mexican restaurants in our area....puuuhhleeease, I just can't take it, so I cook my own. My wife flips over my green chile enchiladas made with fresh roasted Anaheims and soon she will be sampling your chili recipe. Ole

Rick

There is a VERY good Mexican place on Seigen next to LA Reloading. I went for month's complaining until I found that place. Ask them for the hot salsa and they will hook you up.

My family ships me Tamales every so often. Should have some showing up soon. !

I don't eat pork!

I like you so I'm not going to say anything about how do you explain Spanky then.

you can use chicken or beef if you like

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    breaking news... melissa and manimal are closet mooslems

umm, I am sorry ahead of time, but I do NOT like Muslims!

While I'm glad your laughing , you are not the one I'm worried about !

Why are you worried about me? I am just fine!

Until tommorow, then its Chili peppers FTMFABW! :o

Habanerro, I added these b/c we love hot stuff! So, he will be letting you know how it goes,while he is at work tomorrow!

Top Bottom