Cool! New iPhone 4 available June 24th!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well I just got an order through for an Iphone 4 through apples website. I think it was better when I could care less about a "Smart" phone.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I ordered the iphone 4 today... Will take 14-20 days to come in because they were on back order by this afternoon!

I got guaranteed delivery on the 24th, who did you go through? I went through the Apple website.

As far as user replaceable batteries, I wish, but to tell you the truth, even when I had the option of a user replaceable battery I have not once in my life swapped a new battery into any cell phone I have ever owned. If I owned a EVO I think I might look into it. Why they did not put a bigger battery in that phone is beyond me. You can kill it in 3 hours flat.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Did you get it shipped to the AT&T store? If so go on day one, last year AT&T took a limited amount of pre orders for the 3GS and told others that would have to wait one day, a week, whatever. Well the crazy thing is they had extra phones on launch day they were selling to people off the street rather than taking care of the pre orders. If you went in with a pre order with delayed delivery they were able to take care of you. The craziest thing AT&T did was hold onto phones for "Tomorrow" when Apple was selling to everyone who wanted a phone.

Either way, the phone is not so special anyone needs it day one, but if it is going to cost me the same day one, Day two or next month, I would rather have it today, and if AT&T keeps it up I will get a new phone every year on my 2 year contracts, and it looks like I am going to get a few hundred for my 3GS to cover the cost of the 4.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I pre ordered 2 yesterday at Best Buy In Lake Charles. The guy said that he was guaranteed to have 20 of each color and storage capacity for launch day. I was # 14 & 15. I hate dealing with the ATT stores.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I tried on and off all day yesterday though the Apple site but didn't actually get my order to go through until about 5 PM. Decided to go with the 32 GB model this time since it has the HD video and 5MP camera and I use both a pretty fair amount.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    If you like the service you get with Verizon, then wait about 30 days and get the new Moto Droid X. It will do most everything the iPhone4 will do but on the Verizon network. If you are unhappy with the big V, then the iphone4 is going to be the best iphone to date.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I love the Android OS. I just rooted my HTC Hero running Sprint's 2.1 RUU. I need to find a ROM I like though, and push that over. I have a lot more fun with my phone than the iPhone. Need to find a good MP3 player app for my phone though, and start copying over my music.

We ended up getting Motorola Droids. Verizon had them buy one get one free. 5 mega pixel camera, multitasking OS, thousands of Apps, unlimited data plan, ect... Good stuff. Our daughter was also eligible for a new phone, so we got her a new Samsung Intensity.

All together we ended up getting the 2 Droids, 3 Droid accessories (case for me, car charger and screen protectors) and the daughter's phone. The salesman helped my wife fill out the rebates right there in the store, made copies of everything and even mailed them for us. I am not sure how it all worked out but after the discounts on the accessories and all the mail in rebates all that stuff only cost us $80!!!

Last edited:

Cbro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Iberia
    Check att on the web, if you currently have unlimited coverage you will be able to keep it, if I understood correctly. Only new buyers will not be able to have unlimited.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I will be a new customer, but I don't think I will be using the 2 gigs a months. Almost everywhere I will use it has wifi. The only problem with the new Iphone 4 is......MY DAD!! He also purchased, one....He doesnt even know how to turn on a computer.

Top Bottom