Cops Kill Man In Wal-Mart Carrying An Air Rifle That He Might Have Planned To Buy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From the facts presented I think it was a good shoot. Wanna bet his finger was in the trigger guard when he got shot? Besides, since when is a pellet rifle not a "real gun"? I can make someone just as dead with it as a 150mm cannon.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Who is responsible for the death of the woman? I'm a little sceptical about the whole thing but if it's on the net it must be true.

Her family will probably file suit against the store, the store security, Wal Mart Inc., each LEO, the department they work for, the City, the maker of the pistols used, the maker of the ammunition used, the FTU LEO that trained them, etc., etc, etc.

ctrues

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Metairie Louisiana
    Not saying the guy carrying the air rifle was the brightest person around and I have not seen all the facts yet but it seems that police are getting a lot quicker with the trigger as of late.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    From the facts presented I think it was a good shoot. Wanna bet his finger was in the trigger guard when he got shot? Besides, since when is a pellet rifle not a "real gun"? I can make someone just as dead with it as a 150mm cannon.

You're joking, right? When I was a kid, my friends and I would shoot each other in the back or the ass with our crossman rifles. Unless you pump that joker up 10-15 times, it hits like a paintball or airsoft. Hell, I've taken harder shots from a good airsoft gun. I'd have to see video to able to decide if the officers were right or wrong, but I know you are if you think a crossman can kill anything bigger than a raccoon.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I don't know if you've ever been in the security booth of a walmart, but its impressive. There isn't a square inch of the store that isn't covered by high res cameras. I had a credit card fraud problem some years ago and got to watch the *($# thief on video using a card that hit my account (for $1800...), on 3 separate cameras at any point that he was in the store.
    BTW, walmart uses the cameras not just for shoplifting. They study the tapes to watch how customers react to different end caps, in store advertising, etc.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I don't know if you've ever been in the security booth of a walmart, but its impressive. There isn't a square inch of the store that isn't covered by high res cameras. I had a credit card fraud problem some years ago and got to watch the *($# thief on video using a card that hit my account (for $1800...), on 3 separate cameras at any point that he was in the store.
    BTW, walmart uses the cameras not just for shoplifting. They study the tapes to watch how customers react to different end caps, in store advertising, etc.

The bike section is not covered......
    I had to watch that area like a hawk because of its vulnerability, especially right next to the sport goods and auto dept of most wal marts.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    You know what I've never seen in Wal-Mart? A realistic looking air rifle/airsoft gun that wasn't all strapped/wrapped in packaging, which is how you're supposed to carry it to the register and purchase it. Makes me wonder about his motives or mental or intellectual state. If he was planning to buy it, it should have been in the packaging. If he found it out of the packaging, he should have picked up a different one. If it was the last one left and he had to carry it around without packaging, he shouldn't have been pointing it at people (alleged by at least one caller according to the article), and he should have dropped it like a hot rock when the police said to, no explanation of "It's not real" needed. I haven't seen video of the encounter and am trying not to pre-judge too much, but it sounds like a whole lot of stupid on his part. Article is a little sketchy as at one point it says that the wife "saw" him turn before hearing the shots, then says she was on the phone with him as if she was not there. Then again, nowadays they might have been ten feet apart and on the phone with each other.

As far as police being "quicker on the trigger" lately, that's the whole point of the exercise when confronting an armed subject. Go on Amazon and take a look at the Crossman MK-177. Until proven otherwise by actual physical examination, that looks like and will be perceived to be a lethal weapon, and the words "It's not real" aren't going to mean diddlysquat when uttered by an unknown subject who has been reportedly pointing it at strangers and turns towards the police with it rather than dropping it as instructed.

I think a funny side note is that diddlysquat is totally recognized by the spellcheck.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The Crossman MK-177 looks like the .556mm FN SCAR. I guess the stupid mom never taught her child not to point those things at people. Pointing even a "fake" gun at people you do not even know is a great way to get in trouble. I see a nomination for the Darwin Award.
    At least the open carry groups do not points gun at people.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Not saying the guy carrying the air rifle was the brightest person around and I have not seen all the facts yet but it seems that police are getting a lot quicker with the trigger as of late.

Yea...I tell my son all the time. If confronted by a cop....OBEY every order. They aren't into the talking mood until they have you eliminated as a threat.

Your life depends on it. If you're a little drunk...and confronted...God help you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom