Crawfish Boiling Equipment?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Dude I just wanted to know where you were from. I like getting recipes from around the state. Nevermind bro.

Uh...ok I thought I added smileys in there to show I was just chatting here....
    pardon.gif

Here they are using a 2 - 3lbs/person rule. Sounds light to me.

Very light imo. Of course sometimes the SPICE forces folks to quit eating.

I usually end up drinking beer and listening to music ALONE peeling crawfish until they are ALL GONE. I get my moneys worth for sure. Plus I like making Etouffee, Omelets, Crawfish Pies and whatever else I can think of with the leftovers.

Last edited:

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    30- 40 pound sacks at a time with all of the fixins......... 1 hour total time. Wanna borrow it and try it out? best 1,200 lbs you will ever boil. You will not need a friend to help you dump either.....lol

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      104.5 KB · Views: 116

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This discussion is exactly why I refer to boiled crawfish as the "Fools Game!" You can't win!

They are either too hard, too soft, too salty, not salty enough, too big, too small, too expensive, too cheap, too spicy, too bland, too live, too dead!

Here is the way it goes at the Emperor's Realm; When I invite you (usually relatives), over for FREE crawfish, I don't want to hear any of ya'lls crap! If you don't like them, I DON"T CARE! Don't tell me what you would do, I DON'T CARE!

I have actually threatened to dump the whole pot in the empty lot next door if any one starts their s**t!

I haven't heard a negative word about the way I cook crawfish in years!;)

Wife still bitches, but I don't think there is anything anyone can do about that!:dunno:
    I am an Emperor, not God!:D

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This discussion is exactly why I refer to boiled crawfish as the "Fools Game!" You can't win!

They are either too hard, too soft, too salty, not salty enough, too big, too small, too expensive, too cheap, too spicy, too bland, too live, too dead!

Here is the way it goes at the Emperor's Realm; When I invite you (usually relatives), over for FREE crawfish, I don't want to hear any of ya'lls crap! If you don't like them, I DON"T CARE! Don't tell me what you would do, I DON'T CARE!

I have actually threatened to dump the whole pot in the empty lot next door if any one starts their s**t!

I haven't heard a negative word about the way I cook crawfish in years!;)

Wife still bitches, but I don't think there is anything anyone can do about that!:dunno:
    I am an Emperor, not God!:D
    no such thing as too spicy. :o

coonassplumber

Resident Turdsmith'
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Best cooker I ever saw used one grease zerk with the ball knocked out and bushinged down to a 1/2" pipe nipple with an adjustable regulator...that sumbitch would shake the earth and boil water like nobody's bidness'.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    This is the burner I use.http://bayouclassicdirect.com/Propane-Jet-Burners/Cookers/c57/p312/DOUBLE-JET-COOKER-w/-HOSE-GUARD/product_info.html Effective and good price

SP2-med.jpg

I also use a 120 qt pot. It'll hold 1-1.5 sacks with the fixins. Never tried 2

I did a swimps boil recently and added the corn before the soak (actually before the boil) and got yelled at for doing so. I told them to get it out if you don't like it.

They ended up apologizing afterwards and saying the corn was better than theirs. :mamoru:

Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    SP2-med.jpg

This is the burner I use also.. It does a Great job. I have a 100qt pot and have boiled 64 pounds in it. I boil cored potatoes and corn on the stove and soak them in the pot with the crawfish for about15 minutes.I average 5 to 8 pounds for person, and with the people that come over for crawfish that usually works out perfect..:)

Top Bottom