WTS: Crawfish Ponds for lease - Turn Key Opperation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willyd6869

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Uptown NOLA
    I am leasing my 30 acre crawfish opperation in Geismar Louisiana. I have 5 6 acre ponds for lease. The ponds are fed by an 8' irrigation well with an electric pump. Each pond has its own water outlet with aerator and its own drain culvert. water height is managed by 2x6's that slide into the culvert. Each pond has a gate to turn on and off the water. You can add water to whichever ponds you want or multiple ponds. The ponds are rectandular with a steering levee in the center and all levies are able to be driven on with a truck. This is a top of the line setup. Flooding up the ponds and maintaining the oxygen levels is very easy with the well and gate setup, all you do is turn open up the gates and flip a switch. I am including 300 traps, a crawfish push boat, and use of a walk in cooler. You are responsible for paying electricity. For reference, it costs about $500 to fill the 30 acres with 20' of water when dry. These ponds have been maintained for three years, planted with rice, and have a crawfish population currently. I will be happy to advise you on managing and maintaining the ponds and crawfish. I have the rice seeded every august and it costs about $2,000 for the rice and having it flown with a plane if you want to go that route, for reference. I have taken a job opportunity elsewhere and am moving, so I will no longer be able to run the ponds myself. Some years have been great duck hunting on these ponds as well. Last year not so much, but the previous two years were great.

The ponds are three years old. I stocked them for the first two years and didn't fish them, allowing the crawfish to populate. This season was my first fishing them. I got a great job opportunity in Miami, and have move to Florida. I haven't fished them since Februar (i was catching 2-3 sacks a day then when it was cold and selling them at $4.50/lb. When it warms up it should put out around 9 sacks/day I have been back periodically and have maintained the oxygen levels. I am back in town through Sunday and am in the process of draining the ponds. There is a lot of evidence of burrowing and everything seems on track for a good upcoming season.

The rent is $1000 a month with a 1 year lease. First and last required up front.

Attachments

• ponds.jpg
      ponds.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 53
    • ponds2.jpg
      ponds2.jpg
      23.9 KB · Views: 54
    Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom