Custom 1911 ultra compact V-10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    so i picked up a SA ultra compact V-10 in stainless steel. since it needs to have to sights changed, due to the fact that it shoots very low and a tad to the left, i decided i would go ahead and make it worthy of carry. which we all know with 3.5'' guns, isnt cheap.

so here is the deal, i am thinking about changing the slide. maybe a black stainless slide? perhaps put a matte finish on the frame? i would like to keep the porting but am not shut off to the idea of going back to a standard barrel and slide.

basicly i cannot decide if i want to send it back to Springfield, have the work done locally, or send it off to a custom shop. i got a FANTASTIC deal on on the gun, so i am open to putting up the money to make it reliable and even dress her up a little

here are a few pics, speak up if you have any suggestions

melscamera052.jpg

melscamera051.jpg

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    First 3 things i would do is get some night sites, slim grips, and ditch the porting (Unless you have issues controlling the gun, though the few ported 3.5's i've shot i don't notice all that much difference if any. Also i haven't shot any ported guns at night, but i hear there can be an issue with the flash from the porting causing siting issues.)

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    night sights are not an option on ported guns. besides, my eyes are still young, night sights dont really do anything for me. i mean, unless i'm shooting at night.....

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    V10

I have one of these I carry and it is true with mine also that it shoots low.
    First I can say this, it is a sweet shooter but did not like open wide hollow points, ball ammo was fine. I had to really work on the ramp.
    Second I found out after having fired about 3 rounds of corbon through it that I did not want any more of that, as I have small-medium hands and the corbon was rough.
    I also found out from SA that they said not to shoot +p loads in it, which was not in the manual. Because of the feeding problem they said send it back but I never did. Just worked on the ramp and corrected the problem myself, I know they would have taken care of it but did not want the hassel for something as simple.
    Mine does not have the rubber grips, only the plastic. I bought mine back in 1999. The only other problem I have had is finding out that even though it is stainless, it WILL rust rather quickly. Carrying concealed for just a few days in the hot summer proved that or my sweat is more corrosive than most. Unfortunately I did not find this out soon enough.
    Still I like it, even with it's flaws.

Ohh, and cdnn sports carries the spare mags to fit it. They were like $10 each back in '05 when I ordered mine,(10 round mag double stack) if yours is that model.:D

Top Bottom