CZ-75,85 EAA Witness, TZ-75, Baby Eagle thoughts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have an Armalite AR-24 based on the CZ 75 family of guns and really like it and got me wondering about the originals and the other clones. I know there are many clones of the CZ75 (the thread header just to name a few) and would like to get some thoughts on any of them as I may want to try some of these pistols. Info on not only the 9 but .40 and .45s as well. Thanks in advance!!

lamuskrat

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    French Settlement, La
    I had a CZ and it was a good gun(9mm), I have a EAA Compact witness (.45 ACP) presently, a very solid good shooting gun, but I have to say my sons Jericho 941 is the gun I really like (.40). It shoots very good, built like a tank and is a good looking gun.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have a Shadow and SP01, and 2 EAA limiteds a 9mm and .40. I love them and you can't beat them for the money and they are accurate. I shoot the Shadow in production, the .40 in limited, and the EAA 9mm at Nick's PPM match. You're welcome to cone fry them out.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    CZ's are among the finest firearms in the world.

I own 2 EAA Witnesses, in .45ACP and 9mm. They are the Tanfoglio clones of the CZ's, and have been great. My 9mm is done in their Wonderfinish, which is silver/gray, and the .45 is blued.

If I wanted another fullsize 9mm, it would without question be a CZ-SP01. Not as graceful as the 75, but its 19+1 capacity is sweet. My Witness is 16+1.

George Hill, the Ogre behind MadOgre.com, is not easy to please. Yet, in his CZ-P01 review, he describes that gun as "just about flawless." Also, his CZ-527 carbine, chambered in 7.62x39, is his favorite all-purpose rifle.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Vigilante Sniper, what is the Shadow? Thats one I haven't heard of yet. I've read a bit about the IMI guns and the EAA Witnesses, TZ's and of course my pistol. I'm very satisfied with the AR-24--its accurate, solid, and has a nice finish and machine quality is great also. Considering going .45 in this type auto. Ya'll really got me thinking!!

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    I had a Jericho/Baby Eagle, and I'm trading it only to get into the 45 ACP. I think they look better than the other clones, definitely built like a tank, look good, dead accurate, and feel great. I will say that I'm not crazy about the decocker and wish the American importers would have imported more of the ones with the frame safety.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Glad you are liking the armalite 9!

I have a baby eagle in 40 cal and my buddy has another in 45. Both are full sized all steel guns. My 40 has been very accurate from the 1st shot (got it new) and never had any sort of issue. I have shot all kinds of ammo out of it with no issues. My buddy has had the same results, even shooting ammo out of his that his para p14 will not run. He shoots wolf steel cased alot and loves the eagle, better than his p14. He also says it is quite accurate.

Seems like any tanfoglio (sp?) made gun is a good purchase, from what I have read the Magnum Research guns are made from tanfoglio parts. I will likely never sell mine. It is heavy, but it is all steel and I like all steel guns! I would have no hesitation picking up another baby eagle in 9mm, and 45 if one came along!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I gotta tell you James, I really do like it. That and my P99 are by far my favorite 9mms and it just feels right in my paws. A buddy of mine who hasn't shot much was right on with it and he was real impressed with its ease of aligning and balance. He shot a .40 Sigma that he got from me and after shooting that Armalite he was kinda bummed out!!!
    Also real glad you are liking the XD45 tactical. I read your post and am happy your happy with it and I think we both may have found guns that seem just right for us! Yeah, the Baby Eagle is one I'm considering in maybe in .45 or .40 like yours. I just gotta figure out my budget stuff!!

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    Not pushing you to spend right now, but now is a pretty good time to buy an Eagle/Jericho. Some places have upped their price (the so-called last of the Daly Jerichos), while others have nearly let the bottom drop on the price. The slide to frame fit is awesome. The slide feels like it's on ball-bearings and racking the slide has a very 1911-type sound to me.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I love my CZ40P

DCAO0139.jpg

icistech

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I just got a Baby Eagle (Jericho 941) all steel full size in 9mm. I absolutely love it. It is the most comfortable and ergonomic pistol that I have ever fired. I just ordered some high capacity magazines from www.midwayusa.com ( 20 round and a 32 round !!). Should be in monday. I have fired the cheapest russuan made steel cased ammo through it with no jams at all. The weight and design makes it far less snappy than a glock (no offence to glocks, please no flames from glock lovers).
    I would equate it to a modern 1911 or a sig p226.

Top Bottom