CZ Shadow 2 Compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Okay, just a little poll. Who else is interested in the newly announced Shadow 2 Compact. I plan to pick one up as soon as I can find one at a decent price (not above retail). Really cannot wait to try this out. What optic do you think would be a good fit?

Attachments

• cz_shadow_2_compact_l.png
      cz_shadow_2_compact_l.png
      3.3 MB · Views: 121

Leafbloer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Slidell
    Okay, just a little poll. Who else is interested in the newly announced Shadow 2 Compact. I plan to pick one up as soon as I can find one at a decent price (not above retail). Really cannot wait to try this out. What optic do you think would be a good fit?

It's super cool but misses the mark for me with and without certain features. Takes CZ75 15 round magazines, digging that aspect. Optics ready, well about damn time CZ. Essentially its a SA P01 without a firing pin block saftey. Hate the safety pref a 1911/2011 style on a carry gun it's just too small for most user's. Iam sure it shoots like a dream but a P-01 was purpose designed hammer fired firearm for carry and duty use not a race gun, also at least half the price if not more, priorities.

Bigboi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    southwest LA
    This is exactly what I thought....

Let's take a competition/range type gun that has no firing pin blocking safety (if like the full size), weighs 30oz, and shrink it down.....why? They offer the P-01, 75 Compact, and PCR
    Yea and its kinda dumb with the no firing pin block safety shiz not drop safe so u cant really carry it. Like my buddy just read to me a story of a rso (i think) that got killed by a shadow 2. Iirc the owner of a shadow 2 dropped the gun when he tried to holster it and it went off.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I personally would never carry it with the hammer down, only cocked and locked. The DA pull would just be a safeguard for me if I have hard primer, of course I would probably just clear the malfunction by tapping and racking. Still interested in it because I like the way the CZ's feel in the hand. In the end, it is no less safe than a series 70 1911.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    I've owned several CZ handguns from the Pre-B on up, mostly in 9mm and SA/SA. From Day 1, I've never been dissatisfied with any of them. I first bought one because it was significantly less expensive than my old friend the P35 HiPower but shared the same ergonomics including a frame mounted safety.

I'm not a competition shooter so the TS series never came home with me although they could be had as SA. I've shot several and they are a treat but out shoot me.

I bought a 75SA (SA75? You know what I mean.) and liked it a lot but then, when I went to replace some of my DA/SA version 75Bs with a couple more of the same, it disappeared from the CZ catalogue......

CZ's MSRPs have escalated and there are a host of decent quality P35 clones on the market now; those prices range from about $6-900 so that's where I think I'm headed. I've shot a couple of Springfields and will likely wind up with a couple of those (1 for me, 1 for DW) although I'm going to look at all the other pretenders to the P35 mantle.

Anyone who buys a CZ75 pistol is getting a great product; I've never been able to fault the engineering or build quality but, a reliable pistol for my style of shooting can be had for a lot less. That offsets holsters, mags, ammo etc etc.

I only have so much income to devote to such tools and activities which enters into it too.

Last edited:

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Okay, so I have some mental issue's...I have ordered holster, spare mags, optic plate, optic and CGW pro trigger package for I gun I don't have and can't seem to find for sale. I'm sick I tell you, SICK.
    You know you're going to acquire one so you're just prepping for the eventuality.

Foresight and planning are good traits to have.

There: don't you feel better now?

;):);)

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    You know you're going to acquire one so you're just prepping for the eventuality.

Foresight and planning are good traits to have.

There: don't you feel better now?

;):);)
    PSA got them in stock, so I ordered it. I also love the Springfield SA35. I had MK3 Firearms do a trigger job on mine and couldn't be happier. Haven't tried the Girsan version.

Top Bottom