CZ Shadow 2 Compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    So...to further prove my insanity, I love this gun so much that I have decided to get a full sized Shadow 2 for home defense. Already ordered the CGW pro kit...just waiting for my FFL to find one in stock for me to purchase. Getting the plain jane basic blue grip model and am going to have CGW mill the slide for an EPS. Shouldn't have sold my spare Wide Safety.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Received my Shadow 2 yesterday and am shipping off the slide to Primary Machine for optic milling today. The insanity continues, LOL. Incredibly happy that the Shadow 2 came with a wide safety in the box, at least now I don't have to buy one.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    Received my Shadow 2 yesterday and am shipping off the slide to Primary Machine for optic milling today. The insanity continues, LOL. Incredibly happy that the Shadow 2 came with a wide safety in the box, at least now I don't have to buy one.
    Been toying with the idea of sending my P01 slide off to them. Following to see how it go's.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Shadow 2 back in stock at PSA
    1699395452797.png

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Wow- I bought mine when they were dang near impossible to find at full MSRP. $900 is probably whole sale plus $20. Makes me want to buy a spare.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Okay, liked the S2C so much, I added it's big brother to the line-up as a Range/Home Defense gun. Same internals installed, same grips and had slide milled by Primary Machine to install same style Red Dot. Figured I should include a family picture in this post.

Attachments

• PXL_20231126_232911921.jpg
      PXL_20231126_232911921.jpg
      646.3 KB · Views: 38

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I personally like the P-07 also, but am moving away from the polymer handguns for my new purchases. Have carried series 70 1911 pistols and never worried about the firing pin block. I never carry with the hammer against the firing pin and like the smoothness that the lack of extra moving parts provide. The weight of the S2C is not really that much more and I am willing to endure it for the increased smoothness and accuracy. It is just where I find my priorities at this point in my life.

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    I personally like the P-07 also, but am moving away from the polymer handguns for my new purchases. Have carried series 70 1911 pistols and never worried about the firing pin block. I never carry with the hammer against the firing pin and like the smoothness that the lack of extra moving parts provide. The weight of the S2C is not really that much more and I am willing to endure it for the increased smoothness and accuracy. It is just where I find my priorities at this point in my life.
    Staccato uses series 70 architecture also and are approved by hundreds of departments for on duty use. Maybe if the firing pin spring is heavy enough it is considered drop safe IDK.

Top Bottom